Vredestein Quatrac 5?

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone. I drive a 2018 hatch sport with the OEM Continentals on it. They have probably around 50% tread life left in them but have started making a horrendous humming sound at highway speeds and are getting a little scary on wet roads so I am looking to replace them.

Currently I am most strongly considering Quatrac 5's since they are pretty well priced and get phenomenal reviews on tire rack. However I was wondering if any civicx users have experience with them and any input?
Sponsored

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone. I drive a 2018 hatch sport with the OEM Continentals on it. They have probably around 50% tread life left in them but have started making a horrendous humming sound at highway speeds and are getting a little scary on wet roads so I am looking to replace them.

Currently I am most strongly considering Quatrac 5's since they are pretty well priced and get phenomenal reviews on tire rack. However I was wondering if any civicx users have experience with them and any input?
I have just bought Quatrac 5s on my new setup. Even going up to 18 inches from my 16 inch setup the road noise is really quite minimal and ride quality Has improved. The reviews you read are on point. The upgrade from the kinergy stock tires to the Quatrac 5 for me was worth it. Small bumps you won't even feel and the road handling is actually pretty well so far in my 3 weeks of driving in them. The tires really feel premium and I've also read they do quite well in snow. I won't get to experience that most likely because I'm Cali lol. Wet road handling won't be a problem for these tires either.

SpikedLemon

First Name
Spiked
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Country flag
I had the Quatrac 3 many moons ago. I heard the 5 is an improvement. I loved them when I had them.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have just bought Quatrac 5s on my new setup. Even going up to 18 inches from my 16 inch setup the road noise is really quite minimal and ride quality Has improved. The reviews you read are on point. The upgrade from the kinergy stock tires to the Quatrac 5 for me was worth it. Small bumps you won't even feel and the road handling is actually pretty well so far in my 3 weeks of driving in them. The tires really feel premium and I've also read they do quite well in snow. I won't get to experience that most likely because I'm Cali lol. Wet road handling won't be a problem for these tires either.
Do you think the dry traction is any better than the stock allseasons? Not a super important detail but I am curious to hear your thoughts on it

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the dry traction is any better than the stock allseasons? Not a super important detail but I am curious to hear your thoughts on it
I think these owner survey results from Tire Rack make it pretty clear this is an all-around, great, year-round tire.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vredestein Quatrac 5? IMG_20190828_135725

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think these owner survey results from Tire Rack make it pretty clear this is an all-around, great, year-round tire.

IMG_20190828_135725.jpg
Oh absolutely, but how subjective or objective are those ratings is my question? Will the quattrac 5 perform better on dry than a UHP all season tires with a dry rating of 9.0? Or do the categories make the ratings non-comparable

I'm pretty much sold on buying the quattrac 5's but I'm just trying to understand how tire racks ratings work out for comparing tires

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Oh absolutely, but how subjective or objective are those ratings is my question? Will the quattrac 5 perform better on dry than a UHP all season tires with a dry rating of 9.0? Or do the categories make the ratings non-comparable

I'm pretty much sold on buying the quattrac 5's but I'm just trying to understand how tire racks ratings work out for comparing tires
The stock tires that come with the Civic are mediocre at best. Combined with the winter capability of the Quatrac, it's a nice year round upgrade. But, if what you're looking for is ultimate grip in the dry, look elsewhere.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stock tires that come with the Civic are mediocre at best. Combined with the winter capability of the Quatrac, it's a nice year round upgrade. But, if what you're looking for is ultimate grip in the dry, look elsewhere.
Yeah the main thing I want is winter grip on all season tires (yes I know winter tires are almost always better). I'm just trying to understand what to expect from the dry grip relative to the stock Continentals I have[/QUOTE
Sponsored

Last edited: