Volume/menu/steering wheel buttons not working

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Started up my Touring today like normal, plugged in my iPhone and started up CarPlay like any other day. Tried to turn the volume up on the screen and it wouldn't work. Tried tapping it and sliding it with no result. Then tried to use the volume rocker on the steering wheel itself to find that's not working either.
Freaking out, tried pressing any and all buttons to see if they're functioning at all. On the steering wheel, all that works is the cruise options and the hands free buttons. Anything else is a no-go. The audio power on/off, menu, volume, back, and arrows on the steering wheel don't work.
Any sort of idea on how to fix would be great!!
Sponsored

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
I think there was a post on doing a hard reset. Pressing and holding down the off for a few seconds maybe. But in all honesty I would not touch it. Take it to the dealer and let them do it. Any warranty claim is posted back to Honda. If it's a easy fix and we don't report it they don't know the magnitude of the errors.

Deleted member 5421

If it's a easy fix and we don't report it they don't know the magnitude of the errors.
This is a good point. The only way they know the magnitude of the issues is if we use the dealers. It's very important to let them know the number of issues people are experiencing.

EX-TOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Started up my Touring today like normal, plugged in my iPhone and started up CarPlay like any other day. Tried to turn the volume up on the screen and it wouldn't work. Tried tapping it and sliding it with no result. Then tried to use the volume rocker on the steering wheel itself to find that's not working either.
Freaking out, tried pressing any and all buttons to see if they're functioning at all. On the steering wheel, all that works is the cruise options and the hands free buttons. Anything else is a no-go. The audio power on/off, menu, volume, back, and arrows on the steering wheel don't work.
Any sort of idea on how to fix would be great!!
I had the same issue yesterday on my EX-T. Was freaking out a bit. Did a couple of reboots and restarted the car a couple times and it did the trick.
Sponsored