mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Does anyone know the reason why Honda disabled this feature?
Sponsored

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone checked to see if the part numbers are the same?

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep getting so many conflicting answers on this, but on a 2017 SI coupe how do you enable the gesture control to be able to turn the volume up or down by swiping the grooved pad on the steering wheel? I just went to a Honda dealership and they didn't know, but the 2017 SI coupe on the sales floor, they turned on the power and off the bat the gesture control did work. I've spent hours going through the settings and over an hour on the phone with Honda and I still can't get a straight answer, someone help thank you :)
I had a 2016 EX-T coupe and it had it...I traded it in for my current 2017 SI coupe and it's not a supported feature. it's a 2017 "Feature" there is no way to activate it..

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I had a 2016 EX-T coupe and it had it...I traded it in for my current 2017 SI coupe and it's not a supported feature. it's a 2017 "Feature" there is no way to activate it..
I would say there is no easy way to activate it...but there IS a way. As I said - my best guess is...it's a software switch. Get deep enough into the settings, and i'm sure it's just a click away.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say there is no easy way to activate it...but there IS a way. As I said - my best guess is...it's a software switch. Get deep enough into the settings, and i'm sure it's just a click away.
I've had my Si since Aug last year and no luck. And ive dug deep into the infotainment system menus and even I to the Android part of it. Surely by now if it was that easy someone would have done it by now... It's been disabled in the 2017's

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've had my Si since Aug last year and no luck. And ive dug deep into the infotainment system menus and even I to the Android part of it. Surely by now if it was that easy someone would have done it by now... It's been disabled in the 2017's
I understand that it has been disabled in the 2017's - anything that has 'Sport' mode...and again, I didn't say it was easy to do...I suggested that it is a simple, stupid little thing that, once you get access (most likely through a diagnostic tool that isn't Honda's)...it would be a simple matter at that point. Honda makes it next to impossible...but i'm pretty sure it isn't impossible.

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I have this volume gesture feature on my 16 EX Sedan.... and I really do HATE it with a passion. I have a feeling Honda might have received more than a few complaints and decided to scrap it for the 17's, and 18's. I am constantly turning the feature off because it's overly sensitive, adjusting volume when you aren't trying to. The software will magically turn the feature back on periodically. So when you actually do want to use it, it is not precise enough usually ending in more frustrations when you either mute the volume or blow your speaker at the highest level.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Does anyone know the reason why Honda disabled this feature?
My guess agrees with @BigToeGuy3; it just doesn't work all that well and has probably been a source of many complaints that they can't resolve. I just noticed that the manual for the '18 CR-V we have on order says the swipe bar is only useful for mute/un-mute, not for volume up down, and that only the +/- toggles are effective for volume up/down.
Sponsored