Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
One thing he says that gets me... "it's stock". But you can see he has an injen intake and what sounds like an exhaust. So not exactly stock.
I saw on their website that they have a stage 1 and stage 2 tune. Of course stage 2 offered a little more power and it said something about an aftermarket exhaust. Do you think the aftermarket parts would be necessary?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So...I don't get this. It's literally just a tuned calibration they upload...so you don't get a module like you do with ktuner or hondata? If that's the case, that price is out of control. You may as well go with hondata or ktuner. I'm not sure what they are smoking.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So...I don't get this. It's literally just a tuned calibration they upload...so you don't get a module like you do with ktuner or hondata? If that's the case, that price is out of control. You may as well go with hondata or ktuner. I'm not sure what they are smoking.
I was thinking the same. If you are going to spend that much money, buy the hardware yourself so that you have control of the tune and don't have to ship them your ECU anytime you need to change or update something.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Not only that but they are also pushing 28psi(!!) Out of the stock turbo. That's 50% over stock! Only a matter of time before something goes wrong.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw on their website that they have a stage 1 and stage 2 tune. Of course stage 2 offered a little more power and it said something about an aftermarket exhaust. Do you think the aftermarket parts would be necessary?
Intakes and exhaust provides marginal performance gains.Major power gains are on a downpipe and intercooler.

OP
OP
Dragnet

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Intakes and exhaust provides marginal performance gains.Major power gains are on a downpipe and intercooler.
Would the downpipe alone give a big boost in performance or must it be followed up with a tune?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Would the downpipe alone give a big boost in performance or must it be followed up with a tune?
It will, I ran it for about 5,000 miles without issues but i was using a defouler on the second O2 sensor. Some users have reported check engine light due to their defouler not doing its work on different downpipe brands. I used P2R = USR catless downpipe with their defouler and the smallest insert.

Vince126

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 CW Type R, Volt, Lancer Evolution IX (sold)
Country flag
The price seems a bit out of whack yeah I agree, but I think theres a caveat. This looks simple bench flashing where they are directly overwriting the rom from the video. It doesnt look like they are physically modifying the ECU or unlocking it which should make it virtually undetectable by Honda. He can probably blow out the bottom ends, ship the ECU to be reflashed to stock and Honda would never know. If this is true, it would be a nice option for those who wants to keep their warranty or does not plan to keep the car long term.

Some info from Vivid about this would really clear this up.

Last edited: