VitTuned Drop In Turbo Upgrade -- Initial Results Sneak Peak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Seeing as how the torque hit has been shifted and smoothed over, do you think this mod will still "need" a clutch upgrade?
Stock clutch isn't going to hold 300wtq+
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
So excited for this mod. Have you taken it for a spin on the street yet? How does it pull and how does it feel/compare to your Stage 1 tune with bolt-ons?

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
I can say that I finished tuning with Vit all stock on Ktuner seeing around 25-26psi never got a e-dyno but it is slip city in 3rd-5th gear bad lol...clutch on my list of things next so I can enjoy my vittune 110%! because other than that Vit truly woke this car up feels great...just need to ease into and roll onto the throttle to avoid slipping too much.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This isn't meant for a base 1.5T CVT then correct? With CVT, it's just best to get a mild tune?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This isn't meant for a base 1.5T CVT then correct? With CVT, it's just best to get a mild tune?
Actually will be safer for the CVT because you are moving the power band right and it ridding yourself of the CVT killing torque spike down low. Its still lots of torque but its more flat and not as harsh

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone please clarify what was said about a 'core' turbo, and si/crv vs non-si turbos? I, it seems rather incorrectly, was under the impression the turbo in san an ex-t was the same as the crv/si except for the number of veins on the compressor. Maybe a picture would help?

EDIT: I do understand the compressor wheel is an internal component of the turbo, and the product, as sold, requires a turbo be sent to have the upgraded compressor wheel. I am not knocking VIT, his work, or results. It is just that most everyone has been poo-pooing any talk of a base 1.5T being 'upgraded' with the si/crv compressor wheel because the only difference is the number of veins and the only impact would be spooling time. Is this upgrade similar, in that it is only a compressor wheel upgrade, but has a different design and configuration of the veins? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Can someone please clarify what was said about a 'core' turbo, and si/crv vs non-si turbos? I, it seems rather incorrectly, was under the impression the turbo in san an ex-t was the same as the crv/si except for the number of veins on the compressor. Maybe a picture would help?

EDIT: I do understand the compressor wheel is an internal component of the turbo, and the product, as sold, requires a turbo be sent to have the upgraded compressor wheel. I am not knocking VIT, his work, or results. It is just that most everyone has been poo-pooing any talk of a base 1.5T being 'upgraded' with the si/crv compressor wheel because the only difference is the number of veins and the only impact would be spooling time. Is this upgrade similar, in that it is only a compressor wheel upgrade, but has a different design and configuration of the veins? Thanks.
We're replacing the compressor wheel with a larger billet unit and machining the compressor housing to fit the larger wheel. The Si/CRV turbo has a slightly larger TURBINE (exhaust) wheel with less fins than the "base" 1.5 turbo which reduces some exhaust pressure at higher boost levels (less exhaust pressure = more power). We CAN absolutely upgrade the base turbo and there will be gains, however upgrading the Si/CRV turbo will show more gains. So if you want to upgrade the base turbo, we absolutely can -- but you will need to send the turbo in (either yours or one you've found -- you can get base turbos at junk yards very readily now). As I suspect people will want to see the *most* gains, we advise upgrading the Si/CRV turbo (using it as the "core"). With this in mind I intend to keep a couple of Si/CRV turbos on hand ready to ship so you don't have to remove or source yours -- but charge a "core" fee, which is my cost to get a NEW Si/CRV turbo to replace it if you don't send yours back.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So we send you the base 1.5 core if we purchase one of the Si/CRV turbo's you have already modified or how does that work? I am confused on which core we would need to send if we didn't already have an Si/CRV turbo to send.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So we send you the base 1.5 core if we purchase one of the Si/CRV turbo's you have already modified or how does that work? I am confused on which core we would need to send if we didn't already have an Si/CRV turbo to send.
They will not accept a base core in exchange of the Si/CRV turbo. What you can do (if you can afford the downtime) is send your base core in up front to have it modified and returned to you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.