Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Just thought it would be a great idea for people to post their V4A settings. That way the community here will have a resource for those trying to improve the sound quality of the anemic Honda audio system. V4A is a great app and I have been very happy with the results so far. Will it make your system sound as good as a custom one? Probably not, well most definitely not but it did make a big difference for me and it allowed me to actually hear the subwoofer. That was the most glaring defect with the OEM audio in my Type R. I listen to mostly 80s pop and 90s pop/dance and 90s alternative (I'm Gen X and music after the year 2000 doesn't do a thing for me :thumbsup:). Now I can finally enjoy Tiffany and Stacey Q in all their musical glory :headbang:

Here's my settings both for V4A and the default audio system settings: Note: I find that Spectrum Extension can sometimes introduce unwanted audio distortions with certain tracks so I currently am not using it. It was a very rare occurrence so most people may not have trouble with it. I also just used the default settings for the "R&B" FIREqualizer, no need to change any of the sliders. Also I don't have a pic of it but Master Gate (Limiter) is at the default setting - no changes needed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162840
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162846
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162853
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162911
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162923
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162935
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_162949
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163000
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163012
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163024
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163033
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163048
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163056
Honda Civic 10th gen Viper4Android - Post Your Settings Here 20191103_163108

Last edited:

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
I'm just hearing about this viper stuff! ! Does anybody know how it will effect the aftermarket sub and amp? Positive or negative?

sawixso81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SI
Country flag
I'm just hearing about this viper stuff! ! Does anybody know how it will effect the aftermarket sub and amp? Positive or negative?
I think it has a positive get more bass from the sub, makes a world of difference in the sound quality in my opinion

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think it has a positive get more bass from the sub, makes a world of difference in the sound quality in my opinion
I'm also reading up on the viper4android stuff with the Honda hack. Im already running HH so wondering if that all works together.

Even after setting up my subs and amp I noticed my system wasn't the same like it was in my 8th Gen. The bass just doesn't hit like it use too. And I have it setup the same way I did in my 8th

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I'm also reading up on the viper4android stuff with the Honda hack. Im already running HH so wondering if that all works together.

Even after setting up my subs and amp I noticed my system wasn't the same like it was in my 8th Gen. The bass just doesn't hit like it use too. And I have it setup the same way I did in my 8th
Make sure you're running off the front speaker outputs rather than the factory sub output, makes a huge difference. Factory sub output has a wacky cutoff that removes half the usable bass frequencies.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Make sure you're running off the front speaker outputs rather than the factory sub output, makes a huge difference. Factory sub output has a wacky cutoff that removes half the usable bass frequencies.
Yea, that's on my list to change. It's been terrible trying to squeeze the bass out of my subs. But thanks for the reply. I'll take all of it lol

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, how do you feel about me running a lc2i with that?

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
ive also an aftermarket sub and amp (350watt rms).

and the sub hits like before in my old car.
iam using the front audio signal.

the only thing that i have noticed, is the massive bass drop between 30-39hz. but you can also solve that problem either with viper4android or an amp. some amps offer a bass boost setting @30-40hz.

iam using viper for that, up to 37hz and 10db boost. i can even "feel" 29hz.

apart from that, viper offers a clarity setting which makes a huge difference. MUCH cleaner highs/treble. it sounds crisp now.
the build-in honda EQ ruins the highs completely.

to me the default speakers itself are quite ok, if they are paired with a powerful sub.
the main problem is really the horrible EQ curve out-of-box. viper4android turns the whole thing into a new sound-system.

the setting "spectrum extension" is causing clipping for me. the volume goes down when a music track hits higher volumes.
its not on every song, just on certain ones for me, i will post my settings soon ;-)

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ive also an aftermarket sub and amp (350watt rms).

and the sub hits like before in my old car.
iam using the front audio signal.

the only thing that i have noticed, is the massive bass drop between 30-39hz. but you can also solve that problem either with viper4android or an amp. some amps offer a bass boost setting @30-40hz.

iam using viper for that, up to 37hz and 10db boost. i can even "feel" 29hz.

apart from that, viper offers a clarity setting which makes a huge difference. MUCH cleaner highs/treble. it sounds crisp now.
the build-in honda EQ ruins the highs completely.

to me the default speakers itself are quite ok, if they are paired with a powerful sub.
the main problem is really the horrible EQ curve out-of-box. viper4android turns the whole thing into a new sound-system.

the setting "spectrum extension" is causing clipping for me. the volume goes down when a music track hits higher volumes.
its not on every song, just on certain ones for me, i will post my settings soon ;-)
Yes, that's what I'm looking for. And I went on xda and tried to download the apk file but it wouldn't work.

OP
OP
CbusHondaFan

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Yes I've noticed the same thing with spectrum extension so I stopped using it. Would love to see all of your V4A settings :)

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Can someone confirm that V4A will play .flac files from the usb?

What does the player interface look like? Can it just shuffle my files and play them all or what?

jst4fun17

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the last version of Viper we can download to use with our HU?
Sponsored