Vinyl wrap your emblems

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just found this video on wrapping an emblem with vinyl and I thought I’d share it with everyone since he made it look so simple.

Sponsored

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
How do they cut the vinyl so there is no gap without cutting into/scratching the paint?

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Plasti dipped a few days ago. Thought about wrapping, but didn't want to deal with a razor and possibly scratching paint.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl wrap your emblems 0

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
The plasti-dip looks good, I just watched a YT video where a guy sprayed the plasti-dip on the emblems right on the vehicle after taping off the surrounding area with paper towels and masking tape, then he just peeled the excess / overspray off - it again made me wonder if he scratched the paint creating a "break" where he wanted the peeling to stop to prevent it from peeling off the emblems too.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
The plasti-dip looks good, I just watched a YT video where a guy sprayed the plasti-dip on the emblems right on the vehicle after taping off the surrounding area with paper towels and masking tape, then he just peeled the excess / overspray off - it again made me wonder if he scratched the paint creating a "break" where he wanted the peeling to stop to prevent it from peeling off the emblems too.
When I plastidipped my emblems, the excess plastidip peeled away from where the emblems meet the paint like a natural stencil. You just have to do it slowly, and make sure you have even layers of plastidip when spraying. Spray light layers and make sure to let it dry in between layers. It was my first time plastidipping, so it’s fairly easy. Unfortunately, depending on how you view it, it will have a mat finish even if you use a plastidip gloss. Good thing about vinyl wrapping is you can have glossy emblems, but I don’t have the patience to wrap every single letter on my sport hatch.
Sponsored