First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I am looking at wanting black gloss vinyl wrap the plastic part below the bonnet. I know in the USA they have a plastic garnish you can apply with 3M but currently not available in Australia (without postage fees costing more than the part itself).

My question is, does anyone have any tips, videos etc. on how to remove the weather stripping behind it so I can get the vinyl to wrap around easier?

Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl Wrap The Plastic Below The Bonnet - How to remove weather stripping xBA445sfzPns3pm_RJIL8ukBZzdVE8o5qtZQpVd9dMnYV-7i4MIoZP_FaDRLLmkuFwwpMXn38WxRaY81Ec7Fqmqr_w=w2400

To achieve a similar look to:

Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl Wrap The Plastic Below The Bonnet - How to remove weather stripping for-2016-2018-honda-civic-si-gloss-black-front-hood-bumper-upper-trim-nose-cover

Has anyone done this before? Any pics? Thanks in advanced

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I am looking at wanting black gloss vinyl wrap the plastic part below the bonnet. I know in the USA they have a plastic garnish you can apply with 3M but currently not available in Australia (without postage fees costing more than the part itself).

My question is, does anyone have any tips, videos etc. on how to remove the weather stripping behind it so I can get the vinyl to wrap around easier?

xBA445sfzPns3pm_RJIL8ukBZzdVE8o5qtZQpVd9dMnYV-7i4MIoZP_FaDRLLmkuFwwpMXn38WxRaY81Ec7Fqmqr_w=w2400.jpg

To achieve a similar look to:

for-2016-2018-honda-civic-si-gloss-black-front-hood-bumper-upper-trim-nose-cover.jpg

Has anyone done this before? Any pics? Thanks in advanced
That part you have circled in red is part of the entire bumper. If you plan to wrap it, you don't need to take it off. I've wrapped mine without taking the bumper off. Here's what the bumper looks like taken off.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl Wrap The Plastic Below The Bonnet - How to remove weather stripping 2017-01-31 11.28.32-1-1

OP
OP
Zuyu

Zuyu

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Great thank you! I haven't seen any photos of this part being blacked out only (aside from ebay), so hope it looks good :)

NUshek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT
Country flag
This guy installed that part on his SI at around 3:15 of the video below. Gives you an idea of how it looks.

Hope that helps

OP
OP
Zuyu

Zuyu

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Yes it does, thanks heaps. It was hard to find these kinds of videos as I had no idea what this part was technically called.
Sponsored