vibration noises at 3500 to 4000+ rpm

First Name
Ryan Frizell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
So I picked up my 2020 Civic Si a few weeks ago and am loving it. I've just gotten through break in. I have begun to notice on acceleration starting around 3500 rpm there is a high pitch vibration noise coming from I think somewhere in the front of the car. It almost sounds like plastic vibrating somehow. I'm not to sure what it is and if it is normal? It doesn't sound bad like somethings breaking it's just more annoying than anything. Thanks for any help anyone could offer.
Sponsored

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
My 2017 Civic Hatch EX-L has a vibration near the glove box. There are a few other posts on here about the common spots and how to reduce the noise.

Next time it happens try holding the glove box and push up on it and see if it reduces it, i think it has something to do with panels being too close. Try searching the forums in the top right and you'll find the pics.

check this vid too:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/my-2017-hatchback-dash-rattle-thread.9082/page-6

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan Frizell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
My 2017 Civic Hatch EX-L has a vibration near the glove box. There are a few other posts on here about the common spots and how to reduce the noise.

Next time it happens try holding the glove box and push up on it and see if it reduces it, i think it has something to do with panels being too close. Try searching the forums in the top right and you'll find the pics.

check this vid too:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/my-2017-hatchback-dash-rattle-thread.9082/page-6
Thankyou, I have been hunting around and found a few posts. One said it could be the under body engine cover. Guess I'll have to do a little experimenting and figure out what it is. Thanks again

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I kept it under 4,000 rpm during the entire break in, like the manual recommends.
Let me know if any of these work for you, i only have the glove box and A pillar rattles, its a very common issue with these cars. I plan on getting some foam insulated tape to put between the glove box and the center console.
Sponsored