mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just today, my car starting doing this. If I accelerate, it barely wants to go and the boost maxes out at two bars. It will continue to do this for a little while. Shutting the car off and restarting it has no effect. Then, it will randomly be normal again. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. I opened the hood and didn't see anything unattached and all the hoses look normal. I doubt its a boost leak, since it's intermittent - I feel like that would be a constant thing. Any ideas as to what's going on? I'm honestly kind of afraid to take it to the dealership, since I have a tune. They may not warranty anything.

2017 Civic EX-T 6-speed, +9 psi tune, PRL motorsports air filter & intake hose - 27k miles
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Assuming you have a FlashPro or Ktuner device, datalog whatever is going on and we may can offer some insight. Is the tune a base map or custom?

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a tuner (got it reflashed somewhere). It's somewhat of a custom tune, it's from King Motorsports - they made their own tune for the 1.5T Civics, but it's not custom to my car specifically, if that makes sense. I had the tune done around 10k miles and haven't had any issues since.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
disconnect the battery and reconnect it
see if that helps any

i think someone had this problem before too. might want to look around the forums and see

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen my car go into overboost protection (exceeded 3 bar) which prevented the turbocharger from building any boost at all, however that was not resolved until I cleared the DTC so it would seem you have something else going on.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you checked the IC piping? Maybe you have one loose or leaking. I'd say take it to the dealer but with a reflash and no way to set it back to stock it may be a bad idea.

WokeNotaSleep

Banned
Banned
First Name
WokeDude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
2017 Civic EX-T 6-speed, +9 psi tune, PRL motorsports air filter & intake hose - 27k miles
Why would you do that to your 2017 car. SMH. I am going to categorically lambast your tune as the pre-ordained culprit in your boost issues.

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you do that to your 2017 car. SMH. I am going to categorically lambast your tune as the pre-ordained culprit in your boost issues.
So why would this come up just now instead of when I got the tune?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same with @360glitch, the only times my car woulding build boost was when it went into overboost protection and the second time was when i forgot to tighten the clamp on the cold side of the intercooler

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and why would you do this, you have no evidence or proof that a tune caused this, so much for being woke.

So why would this come up just now instead of when I got the tune?
Dont worry about his comments. First things first, are you displaying any CEL or codes? Make sure your clamps on your intake are tightened properly. have you done any work in the engine bay recently or maybe have an blow off valve? I had a tear in my hose for the bypass valve and this exact thing happened. If its none of that, take it to King and have them get a datalog of the car doing what you describe, they should be able to help. If they see nothing in the tune, have them flash it stock and drive it and see if it does it. If it doesnt do it stock then yes, it could be the tune. If it continues to drive like crap, take it to Honda for warranty.

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and why would you do this, you have no evidence or proof that a tune caused this, so much for being woke.

Dont worry about his comments. First things first, are you displaying any CEL or codes? Make sure your clamps on your intake are tightened properly. have you done any work in the engine bay recently or maybe have an blow off valve? I had a tear in my hose for the bypass valve and this exact thing happened. If its none of that, take it to King and have them get a datalog of the car doing what you describe, they should be able to help. If they see nothing in the tune, have them flash it stock and drive it and see if it does it. If it doesnt do it stock then yes, it could be the tune. If it continues to drive like crap, take it to Honda for warranty.
I traded the car in lol. Don't have to worry about it any more. (Not solely cause of this issue, it was just the "icing on the cake")

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I traded the car in lol. Don't have to worry about it any more. (Not solely cause of this issue, it was just the "icing on the cake")
cool, you get another civic? did you trade it in, with the flash still on it?

MJMCG9817

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 HONDA CIVIC EX-T
Just today, my car starting doing this. If I accelerate, it barely wants to go and the boost maxes out at two bars. It will continue to do this for a little while. Shutting the car off and restarting it has no effect. Then, it will randomly be normal again. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. I opened the hood and didn't see anything unattached and all the hoses look normal. I doubt its a boost leak, since it's intermittent - I feel like that would be a constant thing. Any ideas as to what's going on? I'm honestly kind of afraid to take it to the dealership, since I have a tune. They may not warranty anything.

Yesterday morning I was on my way to work and my 16' EX-T AT started to lose power and then all of my warning indicators lit up, got all the messages on the dash, then it just stalled out, brakes locked up and couldnt restart. Needless to say I was stuck in the middle of the road and could not move!!! Any ideas what this issue could be? sensor? charging issue? The only modification I have is HID 35w 10000K

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday morning I was on my way to work and my 16' EX-T AT started to lose power and then all of my warning indicators lit up, got all the messages on the dash, then it just stalled out, brakes locked up and couldnt restart. Needless to say I was stuck in the middle of the road and could not move!!! Any ideas what this issue could be? sensor? charging issue? The only modification I have is HID 35w 10000K
Could you get the tranny to shift into Park or Drive? Seen some lock up and had to be towed. is it at the dealer yet