Veloster N

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I personally think the N looks like shit...styling is boring...interior in Hyundai quality to say the least. The car just doesn't do it for me, I can always give respect where its due but man to compare it to the type R is a no go. And most will say I'm obviously biased but even if I didn't own the R I'd still feel the same
Have you driven one or sat inside one?
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I personally think the N looks like shit...styling is boring...interior in Hyundai quality to say the least. The car just doesn't do it for me, I can always give respect where its due but man to compare it to the type R is a no go. And most will say I'm obviously biased but even if I didn't own the R I'd still feel the same
Reviewers and people alike compare the N to the R based on the value for money you are getting. The N is neatly slotted between the GTI and the Type R, it falls right in the middle. Offers a decent amount of power, has a great warranty, has good performance overall, and you can probably pick one up for damn cheap knowing Hyundais. Its good value for money and if its going to be someone's daily driver and most people rarely see a race track, the N is a serious contender because those few seconds on track times wont matter to them.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Does anybody know if the Veloster N is out at dealerships yet?

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The interior on the Veloster looks, as I've said before, tragically plasticky - and reviews (as well as folks here who have sat in it) seem to back that up. Dealbreaker for me.

While I try not to think this way - I don't know if I could drive a car with a Hyundai badge unless I LOVED it. I know that is stupid and I am not one to tout status (I usually recommend friends seeking a new luxury car look into Mazda) - but there's something about it that I can't get over.

Again, I know that is stupid reasoning and really shouldn't worry about a badge. Especially as Hyundai/Kia make downright good cars these days.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I bet that's how some people feel about the Kia Stinger. Some people care more about the badges than others. What can you do?:dunno: Their potential loss if they're in the market for a new vehicle.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I bet that's how some people feel about the Kia Stinger. Some people care more about the badges than others. What can you do?:dunno: Their potential loss if they're in the market for a new vehicle.
Very true. That said I am digging Genesis, and would check out a 4-cyl G70 if I was in the market.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
That G70 is quite impressive, and has opened my eyes to the Genesis brand

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
The interior on the Veloster looks, as I've said before, tragically plasticky - and reviews (as well as folks here who have sat in it) seem to back that up. Dealbreaker for me.

While I try not to think this way - I don't know if I could drive a car with a Hyundai badge unless I LOVED it. I know that is stupid and I am not one to tout status (I usually recommend friends seeking a new luxury car look into Mazda) - but there's something about it that I can't get over.

Again, I know that is stupid reasoning and really shouldn't worry about a badge. Especially as Hyundai/Kia make downright good cars these days.
Personally as far as interiors go I would take a cheaper looking interior with a more user-friendly infotainment interface vs. a nicer looking interior with a crap infotainment. In that respect Hyundai definitely has Honda beat, the Civic infotainment is friggin awful

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Personally as far as interiors go I would take a cheaper looking interior with a more user-friendly infotainment interface vs. a nicer looking interior with a crap infotainment. In that respect Hyundai definitely has Honda beat, the Civic infotainment is friggin awful
Totally. From what I hear, Hyundai/Kia infotainment is really, really good from an ergonomics standpoint.

I would love a balance of the two but if I had to choose, I would go for the higher quality looking interior. That said, if the infotainment was really bad, I wouldn't even think about purchasing the car. Terrible infotainment is annoying at best and unsafe at worst.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a brand new review of the N. The car sounds really good out on those canyon roads.

Last edited:

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Subaru Crosstrek, shopping for a Civic Si (previously owned 9 Hondas)
If a car's performance and engineering are more important than the name on the badge, you have to give Hyundai it's due with the Veloster N. For the price, it looks like a lot of fun to drive, and a good value.

I've been shopping for a Civic Si Coupe, and am close to pulling the trigger. I wish there were some Veloster N's around to check out in person before deciding. Might have to wait for it...
Sponsored