Vehicle Speed Pulse - has anyone removed this wire?

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
I read about the harness on the head unit having a Vehicle Speed Pulse wire, which I assume is the way the unit knows how fast the car is going and kills the video. Has anyone removed the wire from the harness yet and checked the results? I would like to try this, but I don't want to take apart everything if someone already knows. I would this the pin could be pulled out temporarily without any damage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vehicle Speed Pulse - has anyone removed this wire? Untitled
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read about the harness on the head unit having a Vehicle Speed Pulse wire, which I assume is the way the unit knows how fast the car is going and kills the video. Has anyone removed the wire from the harness yet and checked the results? I would like to try this, but I don't want to take apart everything if someone already knows. I would this the pin could be pulled out temporarily without any damage.
Video while driving, right here. Search is great.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-ex-na-finally-video-while-driving.9983/

OP
OP

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
Yeah, I have video while driving already, thanks, but it is still limited. I'm looking for a complete solution.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the record i wasn't trying to help solve your problem, just stop people from making multiple threads about the same thing.

Where do you live where that's still legal, or even an ok idea? You're aware that distracted driving has overtaken drunk driving as the leading cause of fatalities on the road right? Video while driving smfh.

OP
OP

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
I searched before posting, I don't think this is a redundant thread. It is specifically about a wire.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Woouldn't that be the item that auto turns up and down the radio as you go faster to compensate for cabin noise?

OP
OP

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
You might be right, or maybe it does double duty. I wouldn't need the speed compensation myself, but you're probably right. The b_can_l might be giving it info too and that certainly couldnt be disconnected.

OP
OP

Ditchmagnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-L
Country flag
I still think it could be using the info from that wire though. In the hidden menu, the option to toggle is called DD VSP ERROR (Driver Distraction Vehicle Speed Pulse)

I wonder if anyone taking out thier unit could try removing the wire to test it. Or take a reading from it. Whatever it is outputing (I'm assuming a DC pulse at a certain frequency during idle and the pulse increases with speed), the signal could be spoofed easily with a 555 timer chip I would think.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
if your trying to display video has anyone tried just using a simple parking brake bypass relay to see if that works? I've done that on several head unit installs in the past.