Vehicle engine vibrating more than usual

xxmorpheus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Recently just flashed my 19 si with a hondata carb compliant +6 tune. I was enjoying the zipping around town when i heard a blowback pop come out of my exhaust. After that, I noticed that the car's engine vibrates more than usual on startup and shut down, like pots rattling under the gearbox. i took it to the dealer who lifted it and checked under, but didnt see an issues with the heat shield or exhaust. It is saturday so they couldnt diagnose any further problems. I drove the car home and noticed the vibration is gone. Maybe the ECU adjusted itself? idk plz help
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
How many miles on the car? I'm wondering if it could've been a slight misfire or something.

OP
OP
xxmorpheus

xxmorpheus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Country flag
4600 miles. Looks like it maybe cleared itself up

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's just what I call "tune anxiety". We tune our cars and we read the occasional horror story about blown engines and stuff. So, in the back of our mind we hear the odd weird sound or vibration and worry something went wrong due to the tune.

These engines are just noisy and weird sometimes. :cool: Still, for peace of mind, have your car checked out.
Sponsored