Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I just received my new Veepeak Wifi OBD2 adapter in the mail from Amazon today.
My headunit has been hacked using Honda Hack Pro 5.0.10
I plan to use Torque Pro to view various sensor data displayed to the headunit.
The problem that I'm having is that I am unable connect the Veepeak adapter to my car's ECM. Connection has been successful from the Veepeak to the Headunit though. I have also tested the connection using my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and have been unsuccessful in getting a connection to the ECM.
Torque Pro is configured to use a WiFi adapter and I have not found any other settings that should affect anything. Any suggestions?

Car is a 2019 Civic Si coupe.

Links to resources:

Veepeak Wifi OBD Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WPW6BAE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Honda Hack Pro
http://www.autohack.org/

UPDATE: Problem was solved. Adapater was defective and has been replaced with an identical model and now works great.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeffenn

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just wanted to update this for anyone else having the same issue. I returned my original Veepeak wifi adapter and the replacement one (same model) works perfectly fine.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
We’re you able to read IAT and IAT2 ?
Are you running Dashcommand by any chance?

That software doesn't have the correct PIDs for IAT and ECT on these cars. The issue isn't with the dongle. You can try something like the free Torque app which supports those PIDs.

There's a way to add the PIDs into Dashcommand but it's a very convoluted process - you have to do some programming with DashXL and import the PIDs into DC. I messed around with this briefly and gave up on this idea. The company behind DC isn't helpful in the slightest.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Are you running Dashcommand by any chance?

That software doesn't have the correct PIDs for IAT and ECT on these cars. The issue isn't with the dongle. You can try something like the free Torque app which supports those PIDs.

There's a way to add the PIDs into Dashcommand but it's a very convoluted process - you have to do some programming with DashXL and import the PIDs into DC. I messed around with this briefly and gave up on this idea. The company behind DC isn't helpful in the slightest.
No I have not tried dash command yet.
I was planning on getting a WiFi dongle to link to dash commander app on IPhone 8 Plus.

Was just reading that people where having problems reading IAT which is one of the main reason I want to look at the stats on my car.

Which torque app are you referring to? The torque pro for android?

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Let me clarify --

The IAT/ECT issue **isn't** with the dongle. It's an issue with the application software.

The Torque apps (Pro for sure, maybe free), can have those PIDs added from within the application, and that procedure has been posted here.

Dash Command can have those PIDs added too, but nobody has figured out how to -- or if they have, they're not speaking about it publically (it's done with an external program on a PC, and imported into the Android/iOS app).

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
So it sounds like for my 2019 Type R, my solution would have to be Wifi Dongle + Torque Pro on the Headunit (since i use Iphone won't work with Torque pro).
Sponsored