Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '19 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,
So here is the hood I am referring to: http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...t_Code=VARIS-VBHO-105V&Category_Code=FK8-AERO

So I was wondering if anyone has this hood installed and if so what is their experience with it in regards to engine bay cooling? I am really interested in this hood as I love the design and if any significant cooling is experienced than all the more reason I would want it. The obvious downside is the price of course and I would also assume it will need to be painted as I would want this paint scheme but I have ABM so more added cost. I have done Google searches but have not found any cooling temps data to see how much of a temp change there is.....if there would even be data on a hood cooling or not?

Thanks
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Someone on the FK8 Facebook group received theirs...I plan to place an order for this hood next month or in September, there’s pictures of where the air would enter the vents to cool the engine bay and where the hot air exits. Let me see if I can find these pictures....

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Varis Cooling Hood VARIS_FK8_VAHO_105VCF_2_500x500

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis Cooling Hood VARIS_FK8_VAHO_105VCF_500x500

There’s a third picture that shows a better demonstration but I can’t seem to find it :/

Last edited:

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I’ll take “Modify my stock hood with vents” for $300 Alex. Jesus that hood is ridiculously expensive. I could never justify paying half of that for a hood

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I’ll take “Modify my stock hood with vents” for $300 Alex. Jesus that hood is ridiculously expensive. I could never justify paying half of that for a hood
For that kind of $$$$, there better be flow data, rather than just pictures with red arrows!
EDIT: Before and after Q.dot or M.dot would be nice

Last edited:

OP
OP
Vadren

Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Someone on the FK8 Facebook group received theirs...I plan to place an order for this hood next month or in September, there’s pictures of where the air would enter the vents to cool the engine bay and where the hot air exits. Let me see if I can find these pictures....
Thanks for the info Tim818! Please keep me posted on when you recieve your, and how you like it.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Brother and I are working on designing a hood vent to mount in the OEM location. Still the early measuring and 3D printing stages but getting close to a design we like and proven functionality. Helps his work has all the coolest tools you'd ever need :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Varis Cooling Hood IMG_7782.JPG

OP
OP
Vadren

Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brother and I are working on designing a hood vent to mount in the OEM location. Still the early measuring and 3D printing stages but getting close to a design we like and proven functionality. Helps his work has all the coolest tools you'd ever need :D

IMG_7782.JPG
Thanks for sharing .grimace! Keep us posted on your progress.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
Just wait for the Seibon Varis-Style hood ripoffs. Save $3000 lol. Spend that money on important things like upgraded turbo, port injection, and other fun things.

Fastrax04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Kenan went with the wet carbon version. You can buy the FRP version for $1395 MSRP

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
This is not my car and I hope this person doesn’t mind me posting his CTR, it definitely looks sick painted in red like what Varis did with their white CTR.

OP
OP
Vadren

Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it does look good in the red for sure!

I dont see why you couldnt use it on a DD.

OP
OP
Vadren

Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag