DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
which part number did you order? I ordered the newer 35256-T6A-C01 after debate.
I MESSED UP! I failed to notice one tiny detail...until it finally started to rain today. Ya see, I have a HATCHBACK, the wiper stalk I linked to is for a sedan...anybody starting to see that I'm a moron??? I tried to turn on my rear wiper this morning...dumb ass!

I searched and found this, from a 2016 Pilot. I will report back if it works.

https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2016-h...umn-switch-35256-tv0-a11-35256tv0a11/230198-1
Sponsored

Amomicivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 and Civic 2012
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I need to know the place for pin E21 (Gray) on the BCM. On the switch itself it should be connected right besides the brown wire.
Hi. I just did it last weekend. I bought 16-02-0096 Molex crimp terminals at Amazon (50 units bag) and 26 wire. It is easier if you open the connectors to insert the terminals.

Here is the BCM from behind.

Attachments

Lightbulb63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback, 2001 Integra GS
Country flag
I MESSED UP! I failed to notice one tiny detail...until it finally started to rain today. Ya see, I have a HATCHBACK, the wiper stalk I linked to is for a sedan...anybody starting to see that I'm a moron??? I tried to turn on my rear wiper this morning...dumb ass!

I searched and found this, from a 2016 Pilot. I will report back if it works.

https://ahparts.com/buy-used/2016-h...umn-switch-35256-tv0-a11-35256tv0a11/230198-1
Can confirm, TV0-A11 works for hatchback.
Variable intermittent frontfunction with rear wiper function.

The sedan stalk would be perfect foranybody doing rear wiper delete on a hatchback.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed last night. Confirmed working on a 2020 Hatchback Sport 6MT with part number 35256-T6A-C01. It is extremely simple with the correct crimp terminals, which I didn’t have. Keep in mind the adjustments won’t be obvious unless moving due to the speed-dependent nature in the 2020 and possibly other BCM modules. I’m so happy it works, and it took less than an hour. On my car the BCM connector E was cream/tan color, and the wiper stalk connector is light blue.

Lightbulb63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatchback, 2001 Integra GS
Country flag
How do you get the plastic off to remove the stalk?
I believe there were 2 or 3 screws on the bottom, then 2 behind the steering wheel in the top corners, rotate steering wheel to get space to take them off.
Then there's small gaps to pry the top piece off.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you get the plastic off to remove the stalk?
Here you go, a screenshot.

the top comes off with a plastic trim removal tool, and the bottom is removed by turning the wheel and accessing two screws, one on each side, as well as a screw on the bottom.

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper 6A1738F8-3207-4BA0-8558-D19EEC446234

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Country flag
Awesome, thanks! I have an old Kawasaki Ninja wire harness with several types of connectors. Hoping that I can get two out of it that fit properly.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Can confirm, TV0-A11 works for hatchback.
Variable intermittent frontfunction with rear wiper function.

The sedan stalk would be perfect foranybody doing rear wiper delete on a hatchback.
Thank You. I can confirm your confirmation. The 35256-TV0-A11 was delivered yesterday. It works perfectly.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
*****CLAIMED*****

I have a 35256-TV0-S61 (will work with a Sedan or Hatchback without the rear wiper) See my post above, it worked perfectly except no rear wiper control (duh).

$25 shipped, US address (within the Continental 48)

I will also include a length of 24awg black wire with both ends terminated with the appropriate pins (I have access to the official Molex crimping tool) & a few additional pins

PM me if interested. First come first served.

*****No Longer Available*****

Last edited:

Ender

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone! I'm going to be attempting this operation soon (thanks to DAVEEVAD for the parts) and I'm trying to take some photos of the process to share. After I'm done, I'll update my full list of steps and repost it. I'll attach the first one here. This should be the back of the BCM, if the twisting I had to do to get to it is any indication. The beige connector on the bottom left of this image is the one I'll be working with, right?

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper IMG_20200305_143729181

Last edited:

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hey everyone! I'm going to be attempting this operation soon (thanks to DAVEEVAD for the parts) and I'm trying to take some photos of the process to share. After I'm done, I'll update my full list of steps and repost it. I'll attach the first one here. This should be the back of the BCM, if the twisting I had to do to get to it is any indication. The beige connector on the bottom left of this image is the one I'll be working with, right?

IMG_20200305_143729181.jpg
You are correct, the beige connector is the one you need. I cannot tell from your pic but there should be a yellow wire alone on the bottom row. You will be populating location (21) next to the yellow wire (4th from the top in my first pic). Sorry but I forgot to take a pic with the new wire populated in the housing. It was difficult to press the pin fully into the header, partly due to the fact that the yellow wire deformed the wall separating it from the location next to it. Just keep pushing, it will seat.

As for the wiper switch side, you can see in my second pic where the new wire (Black) needs to go. I took the pic just before completely seating it into the housing. Opening up the connector, slightly, makes it easier to fully seat the pin.

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper 20200305_224406

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper 20200305_225550

Last edited:

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag

IMG_20200305_143729181.jpg
Hmm...after a closer look at your pic it appears that you don't have the Yellow wire shown in my pic above. See this post from page 3 of this thread.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/variable-intermittent-wiper.3233/page-3#post-418313

You must not have the "Smart_Buzzer" whatever that does. Either way, E21 is the location you need to populate. (at least it was for my 2020).

Ender

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, I didn't see a wire in that spot. I guess it could be something that was added post-2016, or maybe something sedans don't have? Either way, my install should go fairly smoothly, as I don't have a clutch pedal to contend with. Hopefully the post office can come through before the rain on Tuesday.

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, I didn't see a wire in that spot. I guess it could be something that was added post-2016, or maybe something sedans don't have? Either way, my install should go fairly smoothly, as I don't have a clutch pedal to contend with. Hopefully the post office can come through before the rain on Tuesday.
Hey, Kevin with a '16 Civic LX. I was Kevin with a '16 Civic LX until a year ago, now I'm Kevin with a '19 CIvic Sport. (Both 6MT)
I'll be watching for your install report, you beat me to the switch by about 10 minutes!
Sponsored