Romka1982

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Hi! Have trouble with finding correct terminals for the 2019 civic sport...Checked NAPA, Honda dealers, other connector and wire stores... Maybe somebody has a part number or direct me to where could I check?

OP
OP
fitter_here

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Hi! Have trouble with finding correct terminals for the 2019 civic sport...Checked NAPA, Honda dealers, other connector and wire stores... Maybe somebody has a part number or direct me to where could I check?
Look this thread item: 66, those are the ones i've used to do my mod. You ensure that you push them far enough, I secured them with a drop of Crasy Glue

Romka1982

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Look this thread item: 66, those are the ones i've used to do my mod. You ensure that you push them far enough, I secured them with a drop of Crasy Glue
Thx for advise. Yes, I saw this thread. I’ve got one from Honda dealer which looks like the original one I need but one size up... If I would’t find the original one then will try to make some mods probably...

Hemegonia

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Very happy, especially considering that I wasn't sure if it would work.

The BCM is not impossible to get to, but there were definitely points along the way, like lying upside down and bent 90 degrees, when I questioned my religion :), or at least questioned if I should have caved and gone for an EX/Touring. If I had no guidance as to where to find the BCM, I most likely would have given up. These posts really saved the day:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/any-idea-where-the-bcm-is-located.30313/
https://www.civicx.com/threads/remo...r-instrument-panel-garnish.30459/#post-510704

CVT's will have easier access than I had because my clutch pedal was in the way. Luckily, connector C2 is on the side toward the middle of the car where I can see/reach it, and at least had enough slack to keep my hopes alive. Once I gained access, it's a matter of connecting the switch to the BCM.

Shout out to @fitter_here, @dc2turbo, @Amomicivic, @compcrasher86, @ck42 for the pieces to the puzzle. Let me know if I can help with any details.
Hi, thank you so much for information. I am able to see and reach the bcm but am having trouble pulling it out.

Do I need to release the two clips first or do I just use force and pull towards the center of the car?

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Thx for advise. Yes, I saw this thread. I’ve got one from Honda dealer which looks like the original one I need but one size up... If I would’t find the original one then will try to make some mods probably...
Something like these should work:
https://bit.ly/35pffrU

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi, thank you so much for information. I am able to see and reach the bcm but am having trouble pulling it out.

Do I need to release the two clips first or do I just use force and pull towards the center of the car?
Just to be clear, you just need to pull out connector E, not the whole BCM.

If I recall, there is a tab that needs to be depressed. Take a look at the schematic in post 91 (The tab spans across pins 5 to 8).

Hemegonia

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Just to be clear, you just need to pull out connector E, not the whole BCM.

If I recall, there is a tab that needs to be depressed. Take a look at the schematic in post 91 (The tab spans across pins 5 to 8).
Oh, so you’re saying I can disconnect E and have enough slack to mess with it and then plug back in?

I’m actually trying to disconnect all connectors because I’m doing a remote start install. I came across this thread because of how much trouble I am having getting to the bcm connectors to install the t harness. I figured pulling the entire bcm to disconnect and reconnect everything was easier than disconnecting one at a time with the bcm in the way.

Thoughts on this? Thank you!

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
that should work as I did it myself. The worse part is to access the BCM. I did it by cutting zip ties and electrical tape that holds the wiring together and I was able to pull that connector (the beige or tan coloured one) down to the clutch pedal so I could work on it. Also be careful with the plug. You’re gonna have to open up the side of that plug to be able to slip that new connector into it. The side of the plug looks like a little door. It’ll open up like a drawer. Do not try to take the door completely off. It’s a little tricky, and make sure you push the pin down all the way before you close the plug back.
The plug on the wiper switch opens up too. Again, do not try to split the plug completely apart. This one will open at an angle to access the pin connectors. Idea here is to try not to brake your plugs and create more problems trying to fix an issue.
After it’s all back together, wait for the rain, you’ll love it!!! It’s worth the hassle.

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh, so you’re saying I can disconnect E and have enough slack to mess with it and then plug back in?

I’m actually trying to disconnect all connectors because I’m doing a remote start install. I came across this thread because of how much trouble I am having getting to the bcm connectors to install the t harness. I figured pulling the entire bcm to disconnect and reconnect everything was easier than disconnecting one at a time with the bcm in the way.

Thoughts on this? Thank you!
Pulling out the BCM in and of itself probably won't give you any more slack on connector E. That slack is limited by the harness, but you could give @LODAC 's suggestions (Cutting zip ties/tape) a try. Otherwise, you may be looking at some one-handed maneuvering to gain access to the pin on the connector.

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
Pulling out the BCM in and of itself probably won't give you any more slack on connector E. That slack is limited by the harness, but you could give @LODAC 's suggestions (Cutting zip ties/tape) a try. Otherwise, you may be looking at some one-handed maneuvering to gain access to the pin on the connector.
Yes, you can unplug that beige connector up off the BCM (can’t remember the number of it) and get that wire down far enough to work on the plug comfortably.

Hemegonia

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks, I was able to unmount the bcm by lying in my back and releasing one clip and sliding towards the center.

I was able to disconnect all of the connectors to do my remote start install. You are correct that it doesn’t really need to be unmounted and that doesn’t provide extra slack. I just found it easier after unmounting and having it face the floor.

Romka1982

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Finally finished the project) Everything works, but have a few updates... So first, I didn’t really have to open black “door” on the BCM connector. I was able just push a terminal through it. Second, variable speed actually works only when car is moving. So don’t get disappointed too early after you connect your wire, start up ignition and found it doesn’t work(as I did). Check it when you actually drive). Good luck and thanks everyone here who supports.

Last edited:

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
it'll slow down when you stop but theres a feature that (and you'll notice it) when you let go of the brake the wiper does one swipe, regardless of where the timer is between swipes. that setting is there to wipe the window because the driver is ready to move forward.
Sponsored