Variable Intermittent wiper

Amomicivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 and Civic 2012
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you tell me where you came up with this schematic for your 2016? I'm over from the 9th Gen forum and have gone through THEIR variable switch swap-out instructions and thought it might be helpful for me to have such a diagram for the 2014 Civic LX that I'm going to be doing shortly.

Thanks.
I have this one from Haynes.
Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper 2014.JPG
Sponsored

magillaonfire

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
I have this one from Haynes.
2014.JPG
Thanks much for uploading the 2014/2015 Haynes copy.

You have any problems with me re-uploading this diagram over on the 9th Gen website?

Funny thing... I had a 2001 Accord LX that came STANDARD with VARIABLE intermittent wipers and never knew that (1) Honda had "rolled back" that option solely to the "EX" models sometime after 2001 and (2) that I never knew how much I missed the VARIABLE part until out in a light-to-medium rainstorm lately.

The mod over on the 9th Gen Forum reads pretty straightforward and looks like it should take about 30-60 min to do (well... MAYBE 2 hrs if I'm really slow about it) and I just wanted to see if there was a copy of the 2014 wiring diagram.

Thanks again for the help.

Amomicivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks much for uploading the 2014/2015 Haynes copy.

You have any problems with me re-uploading this diagram over on the 9th Gen website?

Funny thing... I had a 2001 Accord LX that came STANDARD with VARIABLE intermittent wipers and never knew that (1) Honda had "rolled back" that option solely to the "EX" models sometime after 2001 and (2) that I never knew how much I missed the VARIABLE part until out in a light-to-medium rainstorm lately.

The mod over on the 9th Gen Forum reads pretty straightforward and looks like it should take about 30-60 min to do (well... MAYBE 2 hrs if I'm really slow about it) and I just wanted to see if there was a copy of the 2014 wiring diagram.

Thanks again for the help.
I did it in my 2012 Civic LX. You can check it. It is an easy and useful job. Good luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper D945A551-ADD1-4ECB-93C7-9729AC551637

I tried the same thing in my 2017 Civic, but this time the feature was not available into the computer.

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
Wake up :)

Looking to add intermittent wiper to my '18 Sport HB.
Here's what I found, as far as the schematics are concerned.

Appropriate wiper stalk p/n is 35256-TV0-A11

Difference between Sport and EX (Missing signal pin outlined in green)
'18 Sport HB MT
vs
'18 Sport Touring HB CVT
Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper EXvsSport-IntWiper

Connector 'E'

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper ConnectorE

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper BodyControlModule-Connector-E

Honda Civic 10th gen Variable Intermittent wiper BCM-ConE

Last edited:

Amomicivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wake up :)

Looking to add intermittent wiper to my '18 Sport HB.
Here's what I found, as far as the schematics are concerned.

Appropriate wiper stalk p/n is 35256-TV0-A11

Difference between Sport and EX (Missing signal pin outlined in green)
'18 Sport HB MT
vs
'18 Sport Touring HB CVT
EXvsSport-IntWiper.jpg

Connector 'E'

ConnectorE.jpg

BodyControlModule-Connector-E.jpg

BCM-ConE.jpg
Hello,

I wired everything before as you say with no results. I bought the same wiper stalk and runned a wire from pin 10 to E21 and nothing happened. I think that because there are several control modules versions, the feature is not programmed in my Civic LX control unit.
Let us know if you have better luck with yours.

OP
OP
fitter_here

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Hello,

I wired everything before as you say with no results. I bought the same wiper stalk and runned a wire from pin 10 to E21 and nothing happened. I think that because there are several control modules versions, the feature is not programmed in my Civic LX control unit.
Did you have voltage from pin 21 to pin 9 as per Body Control Module test.

Attachments

Amomicivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have voltage from pin 21 to pin 9 as per Body Control Module test.
I wired everything without any testing done before, because the success I had with my ´12 Civic. I was expecting the same results.

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Hello,

Does this mean that we would need to replace the BCM in the LX with one from an EX?

Amomicivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this mean that we would need to replace the BCM in the LX with one from an EX?
I don´t know if the change would work, since here in Costa Rica the LX has some of the features of the EX (like the infotaiment system). Why don´t you try to wire the wiper switch to see what happens (worst case, nothing) before trying to upgrade the BCM?

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
I'm also interested in this mod on the FC.
I did this one on the Fit GE and Civic FB, basically it was just to replace the Wuper Stalk and run the potenciometer wire to the BCM.
But i'm not sure if they changed something. Any news?

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
Amomicivic tried it and says it didn't work. I just haven't gotten around yet to trying this on my Sport. Still really want this. If it takes an ECU change and they aren't too expensive, I'd still do it.

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amomicivic tried it and says it didn't work. I just haven't gotten around yet to trying this on my Sport. Still really want this. If it takes an ECU change and they aren't too expensive, I'd still do it.
I read that replacing the BCM is quite a bit more complex because it is specific to a VIN and its odo. I think using the BCM from a donor car requires that it be re-flashed. I've seen used ones (From an EX, which has variable intermittent) for about $100 USD.

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
But we are not sure if in fact we need to replace the BCM or not.
The Mileage/KM is kept on the instrument cluster, so I don't think if you replace the BCM you 'll lose it.

wwmisc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone know the different delays of the EX variable intermittent wipers? I installed the switch and connected pin 10 to E21 on the BCM. And while there is definitely a difference in delay between the slowest and fastest settings, they weren't what I had expected. There are 7 steps, ranging from about 5 secs between wipes on the fastest setting to about 15 secs on the slowest setting. I wonder how these compare to the factory variable intermittent delays of an EX and above.
Sponsored