First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (coupe)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an '18 Si (coupe), and we actually don't have vanity mirror lights in our trim. The mirror, yes, but not the lights. How difficult do you think it would be to make that happen?

Interchangable parts I'd imagine between Civic's that have it to ones that don't, no? Although "wiring" is something that comes to mind about this DIY project idea that somewhat rasies the grade of this novice level modification idea to something a little more adept.

Has anyone else done this or something like it? If so, please explain. Be sure to include part numbers too! :D

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think Type R has lighted vanity mirrors. In black which is a must for us SI owners.

I would bet there is no wires running to the mirrors though. If that is a case you would need to splice into a accessory power line (maybe from the sunroof power?) then run a ground as well.

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone got any ideas for pulling these small bulbs out? May have to get my son to use his small fingers to try and grip it to unplug the bulb

chewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also had a hard time pulling the bulbs the first time so I tried two methods and both worked well for me. First way was to put a little bit of 3M double sided tape on the bulb to increase grip and I managed to pull the bulb out. The other way was to wrap the bulb with masking tape with some slack so I can use it as a lasso or loop to get it out slowly. I also felt like I was going to break the bulb so I took my time to take it out. Hope this helps and good luck!

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Same exact fitment for my regular Sedan Touring?

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also had a hard time pulling the bulbs the first time so I tried two methods and both worked well for me. First way was to put a little bit of 3M double sided tape on the bulb to increase grip and I managed to pull the bulb out. The other way was to wrap the bulb with masking tape with some slack so I can use it as a lasso or loop to get it out slowly. I also felt like I was going to break the bulb so I took my time to take it out. Hope this helps and good luck!
Awesome thanks ill have to try that!

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is old, but I just tried my bulbs which didn't fit. That's not the point though. I've found an easy way to take the bulbs out. Remove the two screws. The whole plastic with the mirror comes right off, making things so much easier.

seanvee

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an '18 Si (coupe), and we actually don't have vanity mirror lights in our trim. The mirror, yes, but not the lights. How difficult do you think it would be to make that happen?

Interchangable parts I'd imagine between Civic's that have it to ones that don't, no? Although "wiring" is something that comes to mind about this DIY project idea that somewhat rasies the grade of this novice level modification idea to something a little more adept.

Has anyone else done this or something like it? If so, please explain. Be sure to include part numbers too! :D
I know I’m bringing this back from the grave, but did you ever get a write up for the si??
Sponsored