V2 Splitter failure on Highway

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen V2 Splitter failure on Highway 837EC3DD-CCA0-47E4-A24F-0E21018C879D
Honda Civic 10th gen V2 Splitter failure on Highway 46C43EB2-AE17-4775-B1D8-4C0AF7FEBA05
Honda Civic 10th gen V2 Splitter failure on Highway 837EC3DD-CCA0-47E4-A24F-0E21018C879D
So after going around 85 on the Highway the Front Splitter (Aftermarket) got pushed in on passenger side:

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This Sucks—-Hopefully Downforce Solutions will help me out

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, if I spent that much money to have it crumple at 85mph, I'd be pissed.

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man, if I spent that much money to have it crumple at 85mph, I'd be pissed.
U got it. Also I just received the Side skirts from them so you can imagine....hopefully they will help out , but I’m not holding my breath

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Sucks that that happened to you. Any chance something hit it or snagged it on the freeway? I'd imagine if the air pressure would be great enough to bend it at 85mph, it would bend both sides equally, but the driver's side is still perfectly flat. I notice you're not using the support rods; they may have helped in this situation. Are they recommended or is their liabilty or warranty waived if you install the splitter without them?

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sucks that that happened to you. Any chance something hit it or snagged it on the freeway? I'd imagine if the air pressure would be great enough to bend it at 85mph, it would bend both sides equally, but the driver's side is still perfectly flat. I notice you're not using the support rods; they may have helped in this situation. Are they recommended or is their liabilty or warranty waived if you install the splitter without them?
The rods in this case wouldn’t have made a difference given that they support more the middle. I was just crusin down 83 when I heard this suction noise. First I thought my tire blew, but after pulling over I saw that the right side collapsed inward under the tire. I barely was able to pull it from under the car & used my car charger to tie it up

w4kj4k

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rx7 FD
Country flag
Im wondering if this was caused because of no rods. Almost in all of the Downforce splitters, people use rods and never have issues. But people who do not use splitters almost always have it ripped off.

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im wondering if this was caused because of no rods. Almost in all of the Downforce splitters, people use rods and never have issues. But people who do not use splitters almost always have it ripped off.
Again I don’t think the Support Rods would of helped, being the mainly support the middle of the splitter. This happened on the very right corner (also the rods that they sent wouldn’t fit because they were too short).

OP
OP
Bmorecivic

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can Anyone Suggest a Simular looking Front Splitter from another place??
Please please

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
Get the splitter from aeroflow. Better quality ...the aluminum metal is solid and sturdy strong.. I installed mine a month ago.. Been driving close to 100mph .... No issues... And i didnt put rods on mine yet... Ill do it after i install my mishi intercooler this week.

Honda Civic 10th gen V2 Splitter failure on Highway 20180919_140531

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
wow that sucks, I hate that for you, I was looking a getting a splitter, but am having second thoughts
Sponsored