stokenaked

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX Manual
Country flag
Mod ideas for the functional/utility minded folks. This being geared towards the HB, seeing as how it would have the most functionality in terms of capacity. Little backstory; I went from a civic coupe at 16 to a pilot, then to a pickup. Because of money restraints and totaling my truck, I decided to go with a Honda for the long term reliability and price. I do a bit of side work so I’m constantly moving stuff around such as tools, hunting gear, fishing gear, etc. It’s still taking some getting used to not having all that extra room and the ability to have dirty things thrown in the vehicle (gone are the days of hauling off trash or scooping up some nice dumpster finds lol) sacrifices had to be made though :/ Point here is to get ideas for upgrades that would improve things on a functional/utility level. Example: I added a roof rack to transport my kayak and to have the ability to move things like lumber, piping, ladder, etc. Anyone out there done some “blue collar” upgrades?

:imnew: PS I feel like I’m terrible at typing my thoughts out so forgive me if the post doesnt flow well or even seem coherent.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a time when I used a small trailer to haul things. It came in handy several times while I was in between trucks.
Then I lowered the car, added custom exhaust, and bought a truck. :cool:
Honda Civic 10th gen Utility Mods E6C9ACDC-C9B8-4801-BCA8-5003A7187DC0

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
something I haven't done with the Civic but did do with one of my other cars was I needed some like 12' and 16' lumber but since I don't have a roof rack on my SUV and don't want the hatch glass dropping and shattering during transport because I can't tie down the rear glass in any good way is to open the sunroof and stick the lumber diagonally from the forward most point of the passenger floor board then against the back of the sunroof, then while holding it with one hand drive home and get the strangest looks from other drivers on the road. I have squeezed some 8' boards through the trunk with the rear seats folded down in a pinch, but I try to keep my lumber buys to the weekend when I drive the SUV.

You could maybe do a rubber floormat (like those deep pocket weathertech ones) or something in the back to protect it so you can get the messy stuff in there.
Sponsored