Using torque limit tables with hondata mode on manual car....

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
But it's working toward a common goal. Accelerating the development of the platform. I've seen this "we have the knowledge and you don't need to know anything else" mindset in the turbo Buick world and it just pisses me off. It's not like I'm going to go reverse engineer the ecu and release another software. Im just trying to stimulate some thought processes into all this. It's critical to analyze so many aspects of the direct injection and hondas amazing design features into their FIRST EVER FACTORY BOOSTED PROGRAMS. I'm not a set it and forget it because hondata or ktuner told me so individual. I at least want the educated explanation not the generic...."well you can if you want to..." response from these actual engineers..... come on guys. I'm not hating i just love this stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I do feel both companies have given us end users just enough "ability" with their software's to blow our cars sky high if we so desire and every time someone asks a question it's answered with the most generic answer of "you can if you want"

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I do feel both companies have given us end users just enough "ability" with their software's to blow our cars sky high if we so desire and every time someone asks a question it's answered with the most generic answer of "you can if you want"
No question about it. You're right... both companies tend to be a little low on giving out the details.

The most knowledgeable guy on here about Hondata's FlashPro is "dc2turbo". He knows his stuff.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
They're software engineers, not professional tuners and their base maps are very conservative done by, you guessed it, actual professional tuners. I've spent a large part of my life dyno tuning pro mods mostly, mostly domestic cars on stand alone systems, very few imports but whether it's a stand alone or a flashed stock ecu the fundamentals are the same. The reality is a lot of that information is kept close to the chest for several reasons, like for example, tuners make a living tuning cars, it's a science not magic so yes it is teachable but it's beyond the grasp of your average weekend warrior to fully understand. People do dumb things with tuning software, destroy their cars and want to blame someone other than themselves. For example, 5.0 mustang I did years and years ago, heavily modified NA car with stock ecu I tuned. He let some asshole download the tune and put it on his 5.0 that had like a cat back exhaust and a k&n filter and totally blew the motor and had the nerve to come into my shop and tell me I was liable and he was gonna sue me. Shit like that is why the information is held.
Here's my suggestion, don't rely on people who may or may not know what they're talking about give you tuning advice. If you want to learn there are courses you can take, some online, like HP Academy, that will teach you how to tune any car with any software and more to the point, once you do learn and invest in it are you gonna have everyone send you their datalogs, tweak maps, give advice, ect for free? If you do that's just a big missed opportunity

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They're software engineers, not professional tuners and their base maps are very conservative done by, you guessed it, actual professional tuners...
yeah by software that doesent make sense to them either. You cant fully "tune" these cars because the calculations are made for every compression stroke.
Sponsored