Using torque limit tables with hondata mode on manual car....

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Well i guess not using hondata mode per se. Can we use the +9 calibration and enter lets say 320 nm (example) to give the car a torque ceiling between non sport and sport mode. The car in my mind would be using the same calibration for everything but when it would hit the "ceiling" of the input torque value it would do what is needed to limit it to that value. My car is currently running this way and my car holds the +9 calibration without slipping the factory clutch but would feel better knowing i have a limit to the peak torque during daily commuting without sport mode on. Basically it's my own attempt at a variation of a "+6 and +9 hondata mode". I don't want factory boost when not using sport mode but i don't necessarily need the full +9 calibration around town either.

Does this make sense?

Opinions?

Hondata? Input?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you use the torque table to limit torque on a 6MT car?

Sure.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Right but i want more in depth info. How would the car do this as a check list in order. Throttle plate? Recirculating boost? Wastegate? Timing? What is its preferred method?

Any downsides?

Really i just wish there were 2 different target boost tables and i would be fine doing a lower peak pressure map say 19 psi and a 23 psi map separated by the sport button.

I wish there was much more pure technical information for people like me that could understand it available. I would PAY for this type of information. I want to know what the car is doing to meet my demands.

I wish the support and tech info was available like my dsm on the DSM link forums is. My mind craves endless technical reading on ecu strategies etc. I'm getting bored.

Last edited by a moderator:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish the support and tech info was available like my dsm on the DSM link forums is. My mind craves endless technical reading on ecu strategies etc. I'm getting bored.
You will not find much of that here but I'd love to see that change. On the DSM platform you have a lot more people that are willing to try their hand at tuning. Many people are hesitant to do so on their daily drivers. These cars are much more complex. In some ways, that makes things easier. In others, more difficult. Anyone that is willing to put in the effort can learn how to tune these cars, but they should proceed with caution. There are many safeguards in place, but if you override enough of them you can certainly damage your engine.

I believe that it is possible to have two different boost targets with Hondata, depending on which starter map you are using.

I believe the torque tables will likely limit torque by closing the throttle plate when necessary. You will find that 100% throttle pedal often does not equal 100% throttle plate on this platform.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All this I'm aware of. I don't want check boxes and drop downs. I want access to tables. I can tune and feel pretty limited knowing what the computer of this car is capable of. There is a reason i purchased hondata (loved working the kpro tuning a technician's car at my old honda dealer) and the is a reason i didn't buy the c.a.r.b version. I feel like i have the c.a.r.b version.

I want the brains to share the info i need at least to satiate me as to why i don't have access to this or that.

The platform would grow much faster.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to know things like if deleting rev hang using the mods tab creates a need or would benefit from still lowering the fuel injector shut off delay. I want to know how this affects any possible strategy honda implemented with cam angle overlap to induce intake reversion to reduce direct injection carbon problems on the back side of the valve. I want to know why i don't have the little stuff like the restart rpm windows to adjust the launch limiter cut.

Things like this.

Why the handcuffs when I'm running a "race version" tuning solution? Only when enough people cry are we getting things "exposed" to us.

I'm frustrated.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What tables are you lacking access to?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Throttle damping. Cam angle command. Hell cooling fan turn on temp. It's the little things in life.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to clarify i love the software and the car runs great. Just seems there is alot "up the sleeve" so to speak.

Hondata_Support

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Integra, 06 Si, 12 Si, 16 EXT, 17 Si,
Country flag
In normal boost mode, reducing the torque request will reduce the boost command and slightly close the throttle... the inverse also applies

In scramble boost mode, reducing the torque request will massively close the throttle because it doesn't have control over the boost command...

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Needs to be more than "what shift knob are you running" or "which color dash pipe trim can i use?" Around here. It's pitiful.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Needs to be more than "what shift knob are you running" or "which color dash pipe trim can i use?" Around here. It's pitiful.
This forum is by far the best one out there for 10th gen Civic info. You have average owners, enthusiasts and some hardcore drivers. It's definitely not "pitiful" like you say. What exactly were you expecting?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a good example of the small details. Has anybody noticed the way to tell if scramble is enabled by viewing the data list of sensors?

The boost command goes from negative to positive.

Stuff like this as simple as it is would be great to share.

BTW am i right that you can no longer "toggle" this on and off in the new updates?! I either have it on at all times or just in sport mode? If so....Y!?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm grateful for what we do have. I just want the meat and potatoes.... I'm hoping there is some secret society of tech brain forums dissecting and analyzing the tuning and chassis design of this platform. Trust me i know there are alot more discussions to be had.

360 glitch. Your thread on the strut locator dowell removal is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a good example of the small details. Has anybody noticed the way to tell if scramble is enabled by viewing the data list of sensors?

The boost command goes from negative to positive.

Stuff like this as simple as it is would be great to share.

BTW am i right that you can no longer "toggle" this on and off in the new updates?! I either have it on at all times or just in sport mode? If so....Y!?
Here's the thing I've noticed and it applies to both Ktuner and Hondata. Neither company really gets into deep details about the behind the scenes workings of their products. I guess they want to leave that up to the pro tuners and the more nuts and bolts oriented owners. I just run a set and forget base +6 tune and I'm happy with it overall. I have the feeling a good portion of the folks with tuned 10th gens are probably more like me. Just looking for a more driveable car. Not so much into racing or wanting to tweak everything to the 'enth degree.

I understand your desire for more information. I just don't know how many here are truly familiar will all the inner workings of these flash tunes. Certainly not me. ;)
Sponsored