First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport HB 6M, 2017 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a non-4K Fire Tv stick that was unable to load the latest Fire OS update even after multiple resets and an hour's worth of help from Amazon tech support. Right now it will boot to the logo but then gets into a loop where it asks for network info then tries and fails to update. It couldn't get to the main menu no matter what we did. Amazon support finally gave up and they are sending me a new one.

Anyways, this means I have a network-connectable media streaming device with an HDMI port to play with. Anybody heard of anyone who has flashed over the Fire OS with a pure Android solution to utilize the Fire TV's hardware capabilities? I'm semi-geeky (by no means a pro at rooting and hacking devices) but since I have a free device to play with I'll be a lot more willing to be risky with this. It's already non-functional as it is so I can't make it any worse... Google searches only turn up advice on how to pair your remote or factory reset the Fire TV but maybe there are sites that have the info I'm trying to find, I'm just not using the right search terms. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

joeyfan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport HB 6M, 2017 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally found the right search terms and stumbled across the xda-developer forum. If you're into messing around with Androids, that's the place to hang out!