USB Podcasts - Start where left off?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a way to listen to Podcasts via Flash Drive and pick up listening where you left off? Any setting in the Head Unit?

I do not have an iPhone but I do have an iTouch but that will not work with Apple Car Play. Even having the Podcast App open it will not play directly from iTouch via Bluetooth. Here there is a law you can't use cell phones while driving. I just want to listen to Podcasts on my 2 hour commute. Most of the music I listen to is via Flash Drive but willing to try other options.

Thanks
Bill
Sponsored

daPyr0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T
Country flag
The only way that I know of would be playing the music from another device, such as over bluetooth as you describe, or through Carplay/Android Auto. The car will pick up where it left off if turned off/on, but it won't remember where you left off once you play something else. It's rather frustrating for radio shows and podcasts as you describe.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
The easiest way I have found and I drive 2 hours a day so like to listen to audio tapes hence I always wanna start back where I left off! If you have the tracks you wanna listen too create a google drive account and put them in a folder. After this download an app called Evermusic, it allows you to stream media from google play, simply connect the app with your account. Then you can access the evermusic app on your radio screen without touching your phone and select continue playback every time you are in the car and it will statrt where you left off. If this works for you or you have any problems you can also PM me!

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Just noticed you do not have an iPhone, not sure if you have any way to get internet in your current setup, if not maybe android phone? Don’t know of any other way besides doing an FM transmitter and connecting the headphone jack into the transmitter then you can use the I touch with your car if Bluetooth won’t work.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Also will try just using iTouch plugged into car with cable this week. I would not say that getting an iphone is impossible, might be worth it as a choice in the future.
Sponsored