YellowTypeR

First Name
YellowTypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 civic
Country flag
Yellow Type R is my dream only 600 will be in the US.

Anyone can help me or guide me that I can get the Yellow Type R for MSRP ?

I'm not rich but can afford financing up to 40k.

Already bought a 2019 civic hatch sport but will either trade it in or sell it.

Why does it have to be Limited Edition? :(
Sponsored

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
Yellow Type R is my dream only 600 will be in the US.

Anyone can help me or guide me that I can get the Yellow Type R for MSRP ?

Already bought a 2019 civic hatch sport but will either trade it in or sell it.

Why does it have to be Limited Edition? :(
Don't want to come off rude but you're better off putting red Honda badges on your current car and getting it wrapped in yellow.

Edit: If you want a more honest answer you have to start calling dealerships yourself, and make a spreadsheet of everyone you've called and their response. I called 72 dealerships in 2017 to get my CW at MSRP when it first came out.

Also sounds like this will be your only car, do you honestly want to live with a car that has sound deadening removed and suspension tuned for the track? Why not just buy a 2020 and get it wrapped? Is the fact that it's a limited edition really that important to you?

Last edited:
OP
OP
YellowTypeR

YellowTypeR

First Name
YellowTypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 civic
Country flag
Don't want to come off rude but you're better off putting red Honda badges on your current car and getting it wrapped in yellow.

Edit: If you want a more honest answer you have to start calling dealerships yourself, and make a spreadsheet of everyone you've called and their response. I called 72 dealerships in 2017 to get my CW at MSRP when it first came out.

Also sounds like this will be your only car, do you honestly want to live with a car that has sound deadening removed and suspension tuned for the track? Why not just buy a 2020 and get it wrapped? Is the fact that it's a limited edition really that important to you?

Limited Edition isn't important to me I want a stock Yellow Type R

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Limited Edition isn't important to me I want a stock Yellow Type R
buy one msrp, spend extra to get it wrapped, it can last 5 to 7 years depending on how you care for the car or quality of wrap, will you ceramic coat it?... End of story

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Hawaii adds complications - have you looked into the price of shipping a car from the mainland?

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
I'm sorry but you will not be able to get the Limited Edition for 40k realistically.

And the "stock" type R will not be available in that color.

Like the other users have said, find any type R and wrap it or respray it in the color.

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
unfortunately i agree with ExVTEC; the way they were marking up the 'non limited edition' CTR $4k-8k in 2017 and 2018 (and they made thousands and thousands of those), I see no way at all that there won't be huge markups on the Limited Edition one (I'm going to bet at least a $10k markup). only way I can possibly see anyone getting one of these at MSRP is if they are a very loyal honda buyer and have bought a ton of cars in the past at one specific dealership and have a extremely good/close relationship with the GM of the dealership.

PS when I bought my 2018 CTR in the fall of 2018, I called over 20 dealerships before I finally ground one down to be willing to sell to me at MSRP (it took weeks) and I had to drive 3 hrs to do it. but no way I was going to pay over MSRP for a car!!! (it was a matter of principle; I could afford the $4k markup they were all asking but no way I was going to pay it on general principle)

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
No way this car will sell at MSRP.
Agree. This car will not sell for any less than 10k above MSRP. If someone shows paperwork of the purchase at MSRP, I already know there is another part of the story where the mark up came from - their trade in, where they took $10k less of fair trade in value to get the car at MSRP on paper.

Obviously just my prediction, but based on 3 years of continuous mark up on regular CTRs, I can't imagine a single soul getting a LTD yellow CTR at MSRP

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree. This car will not sell for any less than 10k above MSRP. If someone shows paperwork of the purchase at MSRP, I already know there is another part of the story where the mark up came from - their trade in, where they took $10k less of fair trade in value to get the car at MSRP on paper.

Obviously just my prediction, but based on 3 years of continuous mark up on regular CTRs, I can't imagine a single soul getting a LTD yellow CTR at MSRP
It's gonna be like the STI S209. It's a limited run special version of the car (although the S209 has more upgrades and more power) so dealers will hoard them like they are bricks of gold, and charge over MSRP because of it.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The seven letters that are going to ruin your chance at getting one....."for MSRP". Even if that thing MSRP'd for the same as a 2020 Type R, there's no way you're going to get one for that. There are 600 people in the US alone that would probably drop $50k+ for the car. Dealers are going to know this and wait for someone to pay a significant premium for the car.

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag

Can I get a copy of that spread sheet?

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Sadly, you should've stopped there because this car will not even sell close to MSRP like folks said above. And seeing that you're on the islands, it might not even go lower than 50k. Lastly, if it really doesn't come with A/C, you'd be sweating buckets cruising in HI lol. Buy a used '17 and wrap it yellow then call it a day.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just grab one of these for the same price :p
Hey, it's yellow :p

Honda Civic 10th gen USA I Need Help ! 20200224_150014