Upgrading '16 EX-T Coupe, 10 Speaker System, Suggestions and Inspiration?

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys!

Been wanting to do an upgrade to my stock 450 W system. Wanted to see what others have done or any suggestions on going about doing so.

Been mainly browsing crutchfield, and I got a guy who could do the work (or I could myself). I just never upgraded a speaker system before. I value quality over loudness.

Sorry if this is a broad or overdone question.
Sponsored

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Hey guys!

Been wanting to do an upgrade to my stock 450 W system. Wanted to see what others have done or any suggestions on going about doing so.

Been mainly browsing crutchfield, and I got a guy who could do the work (or I could myself). I just never upgraded a speaker system before. I value quality over loudness.

Sorry if this is a broad or overdone question.
I would start with the door speakers as they seem to be the most important. I would buy a very efficient set of at least 92db. That way you might be happy with the sound without buying an amp. If that doesn't cut it move on to rear speakers and sub. Just my opinion...

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I put 88dB sensitivity mids and 90dB sensitivity tweeters in mine and the stock amp pushed them fine, though I ultimately switched to a DSP/amp combo because I wanted signal correction.

OP
OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I put 88dB sensitivity mids and 90dB sensitivity tweeters in mine and the stock amp pushed them fine, though I ultimately switched to a DSP/amp combo because I wanted signal correction.
I'm more likely to go down the route of DSP/Amp just due to wanting a better sub and cleaner sound.
Sponsored