NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
In my case i love the honda sensing, i used to have it on my 16 accord ex-l. That accord would have become a convertible without the sensing, it braked really hard when a truck in front of me decided to full stop while i am looking over my shoulder trying to switch lane.
Sponsored

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
In my case i love the honda sensing, i used to have it on my 16 accord ex-l. That accord would have become a convertible without the sensing, it braked really hard when a truck in front of me decided to full stop while i am looking over my shoulder trying to switch lane.

To me it sounds like a great feature to have!

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
To me it sounds like a great feature to have!
From everything I hear about most of the automated safety systems, they are great in theory, not so great in practice at times. Sounds like they can be a bit intrusive when you don't want them to be. Only features I really wish I had were lane watch warnings and adaptive cruise control.

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how they will work in winter. What if you can't see the lanes?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I wonder how they will work in winter. What if you can't see the lanes?
Sorry, I may have used the wrong term. I was referring to the blind spot monitoring, not lane keep assist. I assume though that if it can't see the lines, it's just not active.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I knew that the Honda Sensing was coming so I pulled the trigger on a 2019. Yeah, I'd like the LED lights and I love the black wheels but I am not a fan of the Honda Sensing package even a little bit. Hearing from too many that Sensing is the Achilles heal of their Civics.
In what way? How does effect driving? Never drove a car with sensing.
I'm wondering this too. I do have some experience with Sensing on my wife's CRV, and I've never found it to be intrusive nor any kind of detriment to driving. The worst I've observed is that sometimes the lane assist gets a little confused, but it isn't like the wheel is suddenly yanked out of my hands. Not that big a deal, in my experience. So - in what scenarios does Sensing become the Civic's "Achilles' heel"?

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I'm wondering this too. I do have some experience with Sensing on my wife's CRV, and I've never found it to be intrusive nor any kind of detriment to driving. The worst I've observed is that sometimes the lane assist gets a little confused, but it isn't like the wheel is suddenly yanked out of my hands. Not that big a deal, in my experience. So - in what scenarios does Sensing become the Civic's "Achilles' heel"?
I'd be curious about this too from other Civic Sensing owners. I spent a day driving an a 18 Touring Coupe with Sensing about a month ago and was very impressed with the adaptive cruise, and found the lane keep assist to be reasonably unobtrusive. So much so, in fact, that I decided to wait for 2020 to decide whether to pull the trigger on an Si. It will be one of the only cars that you can get the stick/adaptive cruise combo -- I want stick for my next daily, but as I get older having adaptive cruise for long trips is an attractive option.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The nannies can be switched off. Just leave forward collision mitigation (FCM) on. FCM only needs to work once to pay for the day. Adaptive cruise with low-speed follow is a must in congested highway.

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
On my 2016 Pilot Touring, i take my hands off the steering for a short period of time and let the lane keeping assist do its thing, after about 15 seconds it will warn you off "Steering Required" so you need to place your hands back in the steering. It's like your poor mans auto pilot lol

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wish I wouldve waited because those rims + LED standard and better Final Drive ratio sounds like a deal at $700. Also love the 'body kit'

Now I know why I got away with $22k...Said "im buying something today" and if they had these coming to the lot a month later who in their right mind would be like "oooorrrr you could wait a month and then this'll sit on the lot forever/require a bigger markdown"

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
but srsly, those rims and LED's making me bang my head against the wall. I'm pissed (but happy for the community and that the car is obvs doing well in the market).
Sponsored