Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I tried to do a search on this topic. Couldn’t really find anything out there for it so I’m posting this thread.

Are there any upgraded transmission parts that would help with better drag times and that sort of stuff. I think I remember reading on here that 2nd gear only goes up to 58mph and the extra shift makes for a slower time in the 0-60 and can of course make for a slower time slip. I hope I’m understanding this correctly. So are there any upgraded parts that can help make the Si reach 60 in 2nd?

I’m not familiar with all the in and outs of a transmission so I apologize in advance if this posts seems confusing or anything like that.
Sponsored

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
You are going to shift to 3rd before you hit the end of the quarter mile anyways so I'm not sure that matters.

Of course your gears will affect your overall time, but I don't think your goal would be to hit 60 in second gear, you would want a ratio that gets you the best overall quarter mile time.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I tried to do a search on this topic. Couldn’t really find anything out there for it so I’m posting this thread.

Are there any upgraded transmission parts that would help with better drag times and that sort of stuff. I think I remember reading on here that 2nd gear only goes up to 58mph and the extra shift makes for a slower time in the 0-60 and can of course make for a slower time slip. I hope I’m understanding this correctly. So are there any upgraded parts that can help make the Si reach 60 in 2nd?

I’m not familiar with all the in and outs of a transmission so I apologize in advance if this posts seems confusing or anything like that.
While not as good as actual gearing change, you could get an extra set of wheels and get slightly taller tires. I would offset this by going with a smaller and lighter wheel and then bump up sidewall from there. Not sure if anyone has done final drive gear options yet. I do realize my options isn't optimal, but it is easy ;-) haha
Sponsored