"Upgraded" Climate Control Install

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone seen any more of these floating around or know the part number? Having no luck finding one on ebay with fan speed plus the heated seats/mirrors. Really hoping to do this as the touch screen fan control is one of the few annoyances I have with the car.

Contact the guy on the link I posted from Ebay. He normally has more they just aren't listed.
Sponsored

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What trim is the AC unit from that has both fan speed and heated seats? It seems that trims either have dual zone with heated seats, or single zone / fan speed knob with no heated seat buttons.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What trim is the AC unit from that has both fan speed and heated seats? It seems that trims either have dual zone with heated seats, or single zone / fan speed knob with no heated seat buttons.

I think it's a non us model.

EcoVtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Well the seller responded and let me know they are out of stock and won't be getting any more of that specific unit. Guess it's back to watching the listings unless anyone can confirm this part number:
79603-TBA-C41ZA
Not sure how to be certain it has the fan control as well as heated seats/mirrors. My guess is that this is offered on the ex trim as my friend has the ex-l which has the same unit as the si.

elijahw

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Maybe I’m missing something but I think you guys might be making this more difficult than it needs to be lol No need to use the screen to adjust the fan speed..

When it’s in Auto Climate just use the temperature dial.. Turning the temp way down to Lo will blast the fan.

When you’re ready for the fan to quiet down, just turn the temp up to 68.

Works just the same as a manual fan knob, but I guess technically it’s turning in the opposite direction you’re probably used to.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I’m missing something but I think you guys might be making this more difficult than it needs to be lol No need to use the screen to adjust the fan speed..

When it’s in Auto Climate just use the temperature dial.. Turning the temp way down to Lo will blast the fan.

Works just the same as a manual fan knob, but I guess technically it’s turning in the opposite direction you’re probably used to.

To each their own I guess. Since swapping to this I never use my climate screen anymore, which is nice so so damn laggy. I use my fan control knob every time I am in the car.

EcoVtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

I guess I never realized this... I'll try this out from now on.

To each their own I guess. Since swapping to this I never use my climate screen anymore, which is nice so so damn laggy. I use my fan control knob every time I am in the car.
I do look forward to being able to use the knob for the fan speed itself though. Also looking forward to replacing the H/U with something a little less buggy and maybe a CD player once options are available.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

This is a good point, however not the same as being able to independently control the fan speed.

Sometimes I want it at level one I want the ability to do that on my own.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think it's a non us model.
I think you are right - the one I bought was a Canadian model.

From looking at Honda website

LX - one zone auto, no heated seats
EX - one zone auto, no heated seats
EX-T and higher - dual zone auto and heated seats

EcoVtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I think you are right - the one I bought was a Canadian model.

From looking at Honda website

LX - one zone auto, no heated seats
EX - one zone auto, no heated seats
EX-T and higher - dual zone auto and heated seats
Yes, I believe it is the Canadian LX model, heated seats are available on every trim for them it seems. Funny, coming from an RSX, I remember only Canadian models came with heated seats for that car as well.

Anyways, just ordered the part from Toronto Honda Parts as another user mentioned earlier in this thread. I will update once received to confirm in case others are interested.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Yes, I believe it is the Canadian LX model, heated seats are available on every trim for them it seems. Funny, coming from an RSX, I remember only Canadian models came with heated seats for that car as well.

Anyways, just ordered the part from Toronto Honda Parts as another user mentioned earlier in this thread. I will update once received to confirm in case others are interested.
Any update??
Sponsored