Beater

Beater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner
Country flag
Interesting....
This climate control panel from the cheapest civic in China has buttons for all the fucntions, because the car doesn't have a display. Doesnt have heated seats but it's fine because also the other chinese versions don't.

WeChat Image_20180324115626.png

Thanks for sharing - interesting indeed. Although no Auto function :hmm:
Sponsored

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was there an Over The Air update? I've noticed that mine has stopped turning off the Auto air now too. I haven't been into the dealership to get any updates since it has stopped...

I feel like my Auto knob changed after I had the oil changed at the dealership a few weekends ago. I am sure that I used to be able to turn it on and off by just pressing the button on the knob, not just on. This would allow me to shut off the auto climate without having to go into the screen and change the fan speed or turn off the air. Am I crazy?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
This is great info thanks. So when you turn the dial, is there anything displayed on the display unit to show you that the fan is increasing or decreasing?

OP
OP
Beater

Beater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner
Country flag
This is great info thanks. So when you turn the dial, is there anything displayed on the display unit to show you that the fan is increasing or decreasing?
Now that you mentioned it (didn’t realize it before), there is no fan speed indicator on the screen unless you go to “Climate” first.

I wonder if this can be programmed to show...

Installed mine today, loving it already.

20180402_180705.jpg

Looks great!

Here in Oregon, the weather can be all over the place at any point in the day, which requires constant fan speed adjustments - which was my main motive for this mod.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Instead of a fan speed knob, is there any way we can change it to a volume knob? :D
I know you probably said that in jest but that's possible in theory since both the climate controls and stereo sit on the same CAN bus, and the radio volume can also be controlled from CAN (the connection between the AC dash panel and the controller communicate through a multiplexed bus, but the controller itself sits on CAN).

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I just noticed the difference in the recirculation buttons. On the lower grade models it took 2 buttons to do the same thing as 1 button on the higher end models. Weird.

Crstfr

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si, 2016 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Been trying to find one of these for a week now, very difficult to locate, that's for sure. Great find tho.

FLG8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Been trying to find one of these for a week now, very difficult to locate, that's for sure. Great find tho.
Go to any Canadian genuine honda parts website and order this part number: 79603-TBA-C41ZA
You will have to swap front plastic part from your car's unit as well as the knobs.
I got mine from Toronto Honda Parts, they have an amazing price with shipping to the US it was just over 40 bucks.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just did my upgrade today. Love having instant fan control! Hardest part was prying off the side hvac trim without damaging it.

Honda-1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
I know you probably said that in jest but that's possible in theory since both the climate controls and stereo sit on the same CAN bus, and the radio volume can also be controlled from CAN (the connection between the AC dash panel and the controller communicate through a multiplexed bus, but the controller itself sits on CAN).
Good to know. Thanks.
But you're right, I wasn't serious. When I first got the car I found myself on numerous occasions using the the driver side temperature knob to lower the volume on the radio. It more of a quick reaction because I was so used to having a volume knob on other cars. Theat was the closest knob, so I turned it.

Crstfr

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si, 2016 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Mine was delivered and installed yesterday. It's a stupid downgrade/change - and I get what Honda was trying to do.... but having that dial is just nice. Thanks again.

EcoVtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone seen any more of these floating around or know the part number? Having no luck finding one on ebay with fan speed plus the heated seats/mirrors. Really hoping to do this as the touch screen fan control is one of the few annoyances I have with the car.
Sponsored