Upgrade to '19 Civic Infotainment possible?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
The '19 Coupe and Sedan have the upgraded infotainment. I wonder if it is possible to upgrade the '17 and '18 CTRs to the newer infotainment hardware/software. It look "physically" possible, but I realize we're long past the days of simply swapping out head units without potential issues. That would be awesome if so, particularly if the HB and CTR don't get the update for '19. Anybody have a better sense on this? Not my area of expertise.
Sponsored

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Pay hundreds more just for a volume knob?
I'm getting used to using the volume control on the steering wheel of my new 18 SI, it bugged me a lot at first, not so much now.

You have to wonder though, the lack of a volume knob has to be the #1 compliant of Civic owners, wouldn't you think it would come up a lot when people are testing these vehicles BEFORE final production??

tbdrummer2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I’m not so much concerned about a volume knob as I am a more intuitive software. I want to have what the Accord has. Way better looking and more efficient

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
I have not seen it in person, but the pictures look like the CRV unit not the Accord unit. IE same software we have with a knob vs the new accord one which is a more modern os.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I’m not so much concerned about a volume knob as I am a more intuitive software. I want to have what the Accord has. Way better looking and more efficient
Not getting a software upgrade with the new radio. It's the same crappy OS. I wish we had what the Accord has, that's what made me go in the direction of an Accord at first. Worlds better than what the Civic has, that's for sure.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Pay hundreds more just for a volume knob ?
You mean thousands. Usually those units are well over 1k and then the labor I'm sure is gonna cost ya. Tear dash apart...switch over all the cars info. The head unit on these has the cars vin and everything in it. It's fairly locked to the car. I'm sure reprogramming a new unit will cost.

snoflewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP CTR
Country flag

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
https://automobiles.honda.com/civic...8qxk60RoiXhdlno8Rp8aAlMxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

looks like the new '19 will have the volume knob, heated seats, and new climate control. looks like it can be retro fitted. but honestly i hope they would just upgrade the infotainment system because the slow input just doesnt cut it for me. lol
There is no heated seats. Not one press release mention them and they are not in the official specs. People saw a button on some picture and I guess now heated seats are the new volume knob. We gonna hear about these for the next year. Why is it everyone wants all these creature comforts that just add weight to a performance car? Yall want all this stuff buy a SUV not a record setting track car. Volume knobs, heated seats, driver systems, cameras ... hell just put a lead weight on the thing and forget the performance. How about take that useless rear wiper off the car.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
There is no heated seats. Not one press release mention them and they are not in the official specs. People saw a button on some picture and I guess now heated seats are the new volume knob. We gonna hear about these for the next year. Why is it everyone wants all these creature comforts that just add weight to a performance car? Yall want all this stuff buy a SUV not a record setting track car. Volume knobs, heated seats, driver systems, cameras ... hell just put a lead weight on the thing and forget the performance. How about take that useless rear wiper off the car.
interestingly, in the gallery pix on the Honda USA website, the interior shot does show heated seat switches on the dash....also, oddly, I noticed they moved the CRUISE main button from the center to the left side switch block...
Sponsored