First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
OG Title: "Can't decide on wheels..."

Really torn between volks, grams, advans, or Desmond’s..... and should I go with spoon springs or eibach... money isn’t the issue just need help.. car is sonic grey pearl.
Sponsored

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
really torn between volks, grams, advans, or Desmond’s..... and should I go with spoon springs or eibach... money isn’t the issue just need help.. car is sonic grey pearl.
If I had the money I would get volks time attack. My dream wheels. They look so fucking good. Eibach for the springs imo. Although I don't know if one is better. From what I can see Eibach is mentioned more. Seems like a very reputable brand. I'm going with Eibach sport lines when they release si specific. My 2c

OP
OP
IHadToRun

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
If I had the money I would get volks time attack. My dream wheels. They look so fucking good. Eibach for the springs imo. Although I don't know if one is better. From what I can see Eibach is mentioned more. Seems like a very reputable brand. I'm going with Eibach sport lines when they release si specific. My 2c
Those where my original choice but where I live (Simi Valley) I’m 1 of 3 or 4 CTR’s and one of them got those as I was drooling over them and I don’t wanna feel like a copy in a way.. and I feel Desmond’s are somewhat rare. And would you have any idea on which manufacture of wheel holds their value best?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went from OZ to Work to Desmond. I think the Desmonds will hold value especially well. If the Desmonds weren't out, I'd probably have stuck with the Work CR Kiwamis or looked at Advan, myself.

As for springs, if you stay 265/35-18 or 255/40-18 in something like a PS4S tire, you should be good to not rub with just about any spring on the market if you stick to about a +41 or higher offset. Desmonds are +45, not sure of the other options. I'm going to be running Swifts, +45 18's, and 255/40-18 PS4S tires here in a little over a month, just waiting on the springs and then to install them.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Personally, I could not pass up Enkei RPF1s for price, low low weight and classic Japanese style. I could have bought 4 sets of RPF1s for the price of some of the wheels mentioned above. I am looking at Nankang AR-1 tires in 265/35/18 and I have Swift springs ready for install.

Tanilroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R (Championship White)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I could not pass up Enkei RPF1s for price, low low weight and classic Japanese style. I could have bought 4 sets of RPF1s for the price of some of the wheels mentioned above. I am looking at Nankang AR-1 tires in 265/35/18 and I have Swift springs ready for install.
Can you please share pics of your CW type R with the RPF1s on them?

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
If you're talking about wheels from a value perspective, I think the TE37's are the best. They've been around forever and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Looks wise, I'd do the Advans. I think the wheel looks great on the car and fewer guys are running it as opposed to the TE37's.

The ZE40's are another good choice for the car.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Can you please share pics of your CW type R with the RPF1s on them?
The Swift springs are going on today but the struggle about which tire to put on the RPF1s is ongoing. I think the Firehawk Indys for $130 bucks each is best but I don't want miss out on ULTIMATE grip so I have been looking at the RE71R for $260 and Toyo R888R for $300.
I may go with the Falken RT615K+ at $200 each. :dunno:

I will post the pics ASAP. The RPF1 is the best value per dollar and weight. Classic Japan tuner wheel :love:
Bottom line is NOBODY CAN TELL WHAT WHEEL IT IS WHEN IT IS SPINNING, and spinning is why they exist :thumbsup:

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
TE 37 are proven. I still have a set from my WRX in the garage.
Yea I had TE37's a long time ago and they've always been my favorite wheels. Probably a lot of peoples favorite wheels..but there are so many options (SL, Ultra, OG, SAGA), sizes (18x9.5 18x10 19x9.5), and offsets (+33 - +45) and I worry about rubbing so it's making me really indecisive..

With the Spoons you have 1 choice. 18x9.5 +40. The end. lol

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag

Yea I had TE37's a long time ago and they've always been my favorite wheels. Probably a lot of peoples favorite wheels..but there are so many options (SL, Ultra, OG, SAGA), sizes (18x9.5 18x10 19x9.5), and offsets (+33 - +45) and I worry about rubbing so it's making me really indecisive..

Like you said, everyone has TE's LOL

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag

Sagas go up to +50 offset, 18x9 for the CTR. I think +50 is pretty safe to not rub. I have dash whites on order and am waiting for them to come in.
Sponsored