Unobstructive method for mounting KTuner?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi all. Been flashing up a storm testing out all of my new KTuner options, and I was wondering: for those of you that leave your KTuner hooked up all the time for monitoring, how did you do it so that the ODB2 cable doesn't get in your way? I tried going under the steering where, but the cord dangles and hits my legs. Tried going over the steering wheel, but then it blocks the gauges of the car. Any ideas?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mounted the V2 unit to the bottom left corner of my windshield with a suction mount, that way wires don’t have to pass over the steering wheel and such.

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Over the steering wheel, almost all the way to the speedo, then down into the back of the cubby under the infotainment screen. K Tuner V2 in the cubby flat.

Honda Civic 10th gen Unobstructive method for mounting KTuner? D19BBD54-1B39-4060-BB10-1C1075C7F31E

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i routed mine while my center console apart to the cubby area. the stick makes it hard to see there. playing with tuner view as an option. but since i think my fone can only connect to one bluetooth at a time i dont know if that will work out.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i routed mine while my center console apart to the cubby area. the stick makes it hard to see there. playing with tuner view as an option. but since i think my fone can only connect to one bluetooth at a time i dont know if that will work out.
How does the bluetooth connection work? Is there a way to connect the KTuner V2 in such a way that you don't need to be hooked into the ODB2 port?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does the bluetooth connection work? Is there a way to connect the KTuner V2 in such a way that you don't need to be hooked into the ODB2 port?
Thr bluetooth is just another display type things and datalogging

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thr bluetooth is just another display type things and datalogging
So you can have the KTuner V2 connect to the car and show data via bluetooth only (without connecting to the ODB2 port)? How do you set that up?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you can have the KTuner V2 connect to the car and show data via bluetooth only (without connecting to the ODB2 port)? How do you set that up?
I do not think that is possible.

I believe the V2 can output via bluetooth to an Android device, which can be used for things such as overlaying the data on top of a video.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
as far as i know you have to have to have ktuner hooked up for tuner view to work. although there are several other "protocols" it will work with, ktuner is one of them and i think one of the others is honda civic. each protocol cost 4.99. after i get it up and going i'll try the other protocols. if it does work and seems worth it i'll get a used smart phone to dedicate for this. stand by.......

edit: no honda civic protocol but there is the elm-something which the common connection for all cars i think.

Last edited:

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
every time i try to start tuner view it crashes. oh well. i' check with my dongle to see if by chance it might work with that.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
as far as i know you have to have to have ktuner hooked up for tuner view to work. although there are several other "protocols" it will work with, ktuner is one of them and i think one of the others is honda civic. each protocol cost 4.99. after i get it up and going i'll try the other protocols. if it does work and seems worth it i'll get a used smart phone to dedicate for this. stand by.......
You only need the KTunerFlash V2 protocol.

every time i try to start tuner view it crashes. oh well. i' check with my dongle to see if by chance it might work with that.
That's a reason to email support so we can see why.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i don't know that it is ktuner that is causing the crash. its tuner view that crashes, not ktuner v2, it keeps on a goin. i'd rather contact you about how to keep the metal part of the usb connector from comming off

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
i don't know that it is ktuner that is causing the crash. its tuner view that crashes, not ktuner v2, it keeps on a goin. i'd rather contact you about how to keep the metal part of the usb connector from comming off
TunerView is what I was referring to emailing about.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
ok did not know that you may have had that much to do with tunerview. i will play with a few setting before i contact support as it did not stop when ktuner was connected to the computer via the other connection.

courious that tuner view sez bluetooth inacitve while connected to computer. but it did connect.

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
ok did not know that you may have had that much to do with tunerview. i will play with a few setting before i contact support as it did not stop when ktuner was connected to the computer via the other connection.
Sounds good. Yup, TunerView Displays and the TunerView App are part of the same larger family that KTuner is in.
Sponsored