Underbody lights.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Is it feasible to put underbody light kit on a 2017 civic coupe? How would you route the cords into your car? Does wiring them up to your battery void your warranty?
Sponsored

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
It'd only be a warranty issue if you don't know what you're doing and don't do it properly, and they can prove the hackjob underglow is what caused whatever else to fail. Kinda sounds like you don't know what you're doing.

OP
OP
pjw7454

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
It'd only be a warranty issue if you don't know what you're doing and don't do it properly, and they can prove the hackjob underglow is what caused whatever else to fail. Kinda sounds like you don't know what you're doing.
Yeah I’ve never done it. This is my first actually owned car. I had outdated civics before that weren’t worth customizing.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is it feasible to put underbody light kit on a 2017 civic coupe? How would you route the cords into your car? Does wiring them up to your battery void your warranty?
Amazingly, you appear to live in a state that does not have strong restrictions on Under Body Lighting.

Ref:
http://www.neonlaws.com/ohio/

But be careful if you cross the State Line !!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hardly see anybody do this anymore. Actually, you hardly see anybody mod cars anymore either.

With all the new LED strips out there, it's cheaper and easier than ever to put a glow under your car. Lots of the new LED kits use adhesive now, so you just have to clean the area to stick them on. I'm sure there are more detailed videos on YouTube to follow for installing. Just remember to stay away from hot things.

Of you could get the true "old school" feeling and put an actual glass neon tube under your car with plastic mounts. I used to get Street Glow products for cost from a friends shop... I can't remember how many sets I bought because I kept breaking bulbs. The best is when the mounts break and you're dragging this plastic tube full of broken glass under your car. Ahh.... those were the days!
Sponsored