OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have to admit, if I get in the car to pick someone up at the airport and don't stop for a break on the way down or back, by the time I get home I'm ready to GTFO of that car and just sit on my recliner in the living room! It's not so much that it's uncomfortable necessarily...not sure how to describe it. It's worse if you're in garbage traffic for a long time where you have to shift gears a lot.
I agree. Same thing happens to me.
Sponsored

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
I'm 6'4" 290 lbs & I fit nice & comfy. snug but comfy. way more comfortable than the Recaros in my last car.
I was reading through the thread and kept seeing 150lbs to 190lbs. I was thinking to myself was no other heavy set person into the R.

6ft/ 275lbs and love the seats!!

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
Hey I’m 6’2” and weigh about 200 and I find the seats better than my regular Civic. At 62 years old I don’t see a problem.
I thought I was going to be the oldest owner at 56! LOL

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
I thought I was going to be the oldest owner at 56! LOL
Dang, 62 beats me too - almost 61 here! Made me smile when lots of people were saying this was a car only a teenager would drive (they clearly forgot the soon-to-be-pensioner market). :D

FWIW, I've done a number of trips spending 11 hours in the car in a day, with no back problems whatsoever despite my creaking old bones. I've had a lot of cars with sports seats (Recaros etc), and these are probably the most comfortable seats I've used. Of course it is very much a personal thing and what suits one person won't suit another, but I do seem to recall most of the reviewers when the car first came out specifically commenting on how comfortable the seats were, especially for ones that give you that much support.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am just under 6’0 and 120 lbs but these seats fit me well. They hold me in when I’m whipping around corners and for the most part my back does not suffer when sitting in the car for long periods of time.

Definitely more comfortable then the seats in my 2017 coupe touring, which after an hour of driving I almost wanted to pull over and take a break.

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am just under 6’0 and 120 lbs but these seats fit me well. They hold me in when I’m whipping around corners and for the most part my back does not suffer when sitting in the car for long periods of time.

Definitely more comfortable then the seats in my 2017 coupe touring, which after an hour of driving I almost wanted to pull over and take a break.
damn 6 feet and under 120 pounds? I thought I was small at 6feet 155 pounds LOL...But I never really had issues with the seats other than my lower back as I always had back problems and needed lumber support....It only hurts if I drive 2+ hours.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn 6 feet and under 120 pounds? I thought I was small at 6feet 155 pounds LOL...But I never really had issues with the seats other than my lower back as I always had back problems and needed lumber support....It only hurts if I drive 2+ hours.
Yeah... I dunno why my metabolism is so fast but I can tell you that I’m not gaining weight and I do NOT eat healthy or exercise even.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
6'4 240. Fit well. Not my favorite seats but I fit without issues. Lift five-six days a week. Pretty big back. Don't really have any issues with fit.

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had the car 2 days, I love it, but I too have developed lower back pain =\ have to play with the seat and possibly a lumbar pillow.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
have you considered maybe you have tapeworms?

half joking
You aren’t the first person to suggest that!! Haha

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I'm 6'4" weigh 265lbs. I just picked up my Type R this past Wednesday fully expecting to love the seats based on glowing reviews. I am however having similar trouble as the OP finding a good seat position. I've been trying many different seat positions/angles and can't find a position where the seat doesnt feel like its digging into my shoulder blades after more than 30min of driving. If I lean the seat back more, it gets better but then I have to reach too far for the steering wheel. I've tried setting up the seat as described earlier in this thread but it's much worse than before. Am I just too tall for this seat to be comfortable? Maybe my posture is just bad? Here are pictures trying to show how I fit and where the seat presses on my back.

I've tried lifting my lower back off the seat and it feels somewhat better so maybe I just need some lumbar support.

Honda Civic 10th gen Uncomfortable seats 20180616_224904

Honda Civic 10th gen Uncomfortable seats 20180616_230214

Honda Civic 10th gen Uncomfortable seats 20180616_231920

Honda Civic 10th gen Uncomfortable seats 20180616_230122

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Logging a complaint here as well- about 80 minutes into a 120 minute drive I started to notice my toes tingling in my right foot and my foot falling asleep. Moving around helped a bit.
I should note I was headed to DC so there was a good bit of actual driving, not just cruise control. I had the whole family in the car so I was 4 notches forward to give room.
I’m 6’4 and about 260 as well.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm 5' 10", 145 pounds, and 25yrs old. I find the seats very comfy for the first hour, but after that I just want to stand up and walk around. I haven't gone on any trips in the car yet, but I'll be driving up to the Dragon in October and I'm curious how often I'll have to stop on the trip. Like others have said, it is way worse if you are constantly shifting in stop and go traffic. I love the way they hold you in during spirited driving, so I wouldn't want any less bolstering.
Sponsored