Unable to reset computer / radio - anti-theft blinking

rowe33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EXL
Hi, haven't been able to find a solution to this problem that popped up this morning. I had to disconnect my battery in order to get my 2016 Civic EXL started but now my radio/computer is blinking, giving me the 'hold power button for 2 seconds / anti-theft' message. Holding the radio power button down does nothing; it just keeps blinking on and off about every second. I can start the car just fine now but have no computer or radio functionality.

Any ideas on how to reset this? I've tried holding down all the various radio buttons to see if that helps but no luck so far. Do I need to have the physical valet key inserted to make this work? Thank you very much for any advice!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rowe33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EXL
You're holding the "AUDIO" button on the infotainment, correct? That's usually the button to restart the infotainment system.
Right, the Audio button - holding it doesn't do anything. The screen just continues to blink on and off with that anti-theft / power message.

OP
OP

rowe33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EXL
Just updating my post to say it's all fixed now in case it helps someone else in their search.

Original problem: Civic EXL 2016 wouldn't start, battery seemed to have power, all systems giving errors, etc.

Solution: Disconnect battery to drain power from system. Reconnect, see if that enables car to start (it did in my case but I didn't tighten the battery clamp enough).

Also discovered that if you don't tighten the battery clamp enough (negative post in my case), the computer might blink on and off incessantly. Tightening it up solved my problem and I'm good to go.
Sponsored