First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 10G
Country flag
Hope this is the right section...

I rolled up on my 12th month of ownership which just about coincided with hitting 12,500miles annual service and everything getting shut down because of the Covid19 emergency.

I'm currently at 12,670 miles and not due in at the dealership until the 20th April...while I got an over the phone assurance that it's not likely to invalidate anything if I'm a few hundred miles over 12,500, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on what the actual leeway is on service schedules? I had my oil change service done at ~6,500 miles whereas the book says this should be done at 6,250 and nothing was mentioned about it.

I'm ever the cynic so I've got a fear of finally getting into servicing and then being told that because I'm x amount over the service interval I'm no longer covered by the servicing package I took out.
Sponsored

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Hope you got this sorted but if not I wouldn't worry too much if the dealer has given you assurances, if you're still unsure you could check the terms of your agreement to see if it mentions anything.

Have you got the maintenance minder system on your car? Has it given you any maintenence codes as of yet?

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer last year regarding being over the mileage for service and she said they normally ignore anything upto 1k miles. As we are in lockdown I think you would have a good argument if you have any problems with Honda UK, to be honest I would call them. Im in the UK by the way.

OP
OP

DanH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 10G
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they also brought up the 1K allowance but mentioned because everything is upside down at the moment and that it won't affect warranty or service plan.

I do have the maintenance minder which is currently telling me I'm due an 'A' service though I think this is wrong due to a failed battery replacement after my first A service at 6400ish miles.

Might need to drive it so the wheels aren't just sitting in the same spot/see if I can get the DPF to burn off. I've barely driven more than 20 miles since we started WFH and eventual lock down/furlough.

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Good news from the dealership then!

That A service on your maintenance minder is a regular oil change. It might be correct as my maintenance minder gives me an A code or a B code (oil or oil and filter) roughly every 6k miles, to be fair I do drive pretty spiritedly about the town.

Would also recommend a drive just to keep her happy, that has been my daily 'exercise' since this Covid lockdown.

OP
OP

DanH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 10G
Country flag
The only reason I'm a bit suspicious of the maintenance minder is that I had an A or 'oil change' service at around 6400mi, a few months after I noticed the start stop system had stopped working which was due to battery failure, was replaced under warranty but I noticed the trip computer/MPG calculator had been reset.

Now at 12700 miles and due the annual service, I'd have thought it would be flagging up a B service, that said dealership did say they have the vehicle history so whatever is meant to be done will be done relative to the miles/age.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Couldnt help with that to be honest but my first service last year was around 9800 mi and mm is telling me it is due in another 3k mi so it will be about the same interval as last year.
Sponsored