UK Pricing Announced

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Okay JYR, stop being so cryptic! Spill the beans!
June 19th is the date of the Si/TypeR on track experience thing in Miami right?
Sponsored

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you do a ratio comparison for the UK EX Hatch and UK Type R 23,200/32,995 to the US EX Hatch and US Type R $22,800/X, you get $32,426.12. One could only hope. I'll be trolling the Hondanews site every hour to see if they'll release US pricing today.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
No,
I think June 19th is the day Honda Pro Jason / the "Press" gets to drive the new Honda Civic Type R.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Wait I thought there was a press drive for the Si (to include CTR?) on like May 20th.? I'll have to review his posts. lol.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
As with the outgoing model, GT drivers will benefit from blind spot information including cross traffic monitor, dual zone climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, Honda CONNECT with Garmin Navigation, wireless charging, high power audio, and LED front fog lights.

Does anyone think the US 2018 base model will be the UK non-GT car? If so, I wish Honda came out with a base model for the 2017 model year.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
As with the outgoing model, GT drivers will benefit from blind spot information including cross traffic monitor, dual zone climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, Honda CONNECT with Garmin Navigation, wireless charging, high power audio, and LED front fog lights.

Does anyone think the US 2018 base model will be the UK non-GT car? If so, I wish Honda came out with a base model for the 2017 model year.
All signs point to yes, which is BS. We finally get the type R, but we only get one trim to choose from. The only thing I care about on the GT is the "premium" audio, but I would rather save 2,000 on overall price and put in a $500+ system in myself.

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
Is it safe to assume that the US top/"Touring" trim will be equivalent to the EU GT trim?

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
June 19th-21st. I also find it strange Honda gave the total value of all 10 contestant winners, $35,479.60.
No one is getting a free car.... If you read the fine print, it clearly states the totals for each contestant, and then gives this total as the combo of all ten contestants, which equals each contestant total times the total number of accepted winners (10).

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
No one is getting a free car.... If you read the fine print, it clearly states the totals for each contestant, and then gives this total as the combo of all ten contestants, which equals each contestant total times the total number of accepted winners (10).
I commented on the value of the grand prize.
Obviously no one is getting a free car but we were both wondering if that amount was hinting at the MSRP of the car.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Can you point out where I said in my post that someone would be receiving a free car??? I was more hinting at the fact that Honda might have put an Easter Egg in the fine print. I do not believe that to be the case, but the number is in the "Mid 30s" ($35,479.60), the first day is June 19th (the day the Embargo lifts), and the event is based around the CTR. Things kind of just lined up, so I threw the idea out there. I just found it interesting that they added up the total of everyone's winnings, because I don't see why that number is important. It seemed like forced information. If anything you proved my point, you looked at that number and thought it was equal to the value of a "car"...

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
I posted that the day it went up and got roasted by fellow members when I posted it originally as well..... so when I saw your post I was waiting for someone to not understand what you were talking about #easteregg

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Is it safe to assume that the US top/"Touring" trim will be equivalent to the EU GT trim?
Not at all. As far as we can tell so far, no cross traffic, blind spot, sensing, no auto dim mirror (based on pictures it had the stupid flap still), we don't know about wireless charging on the US model yet I don't think -- it was brought up in a separate thread and I don't think there was a determination? All of this = $$$$, better be thousands cheaper here because of it. Sensing alone is $$$$.

We will get Nav, Premium audio @ 540W, and dual climate control. Led fogs are still a question I think?

Reactions: IMG

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
If in the UK it's $2k less than a Golf R and $1k less than Focus RS, that puts it right around $34-35k. And maybe $32k for the base model next year.
Sponsored