TypeRLEDS Turn Signals

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I finally got some load resistors in from DIY CarModz, so I got around to installing my LED turn signals from TypeRLeds. Without the load resistors, the LEDs will hyper flash if you're using two sets for front and rear.

I opted for these load resistors because they are plug and play, so you don't have to cut into any wires. Also, the cheaply made ones will get really hot, upwards of 300 degrees. After running the lights with these resistors, the boxes only got up to 150 degrees. I may make a couple of heat shields for them in the future, but I don't think anything will melt as the air gap will be a decent insulator and as long as the box doesn't touch anything.

These are the two mounting points I used for the resistor boxes.

Honda Civic 10th gen TypeRLEDS Turn Signals Photo May 02, 7 41 23 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen TypeRLEDS Turn Signals Photo May 02, 7 41 31 PM

As for the LEDs, the quality is superb from what I can see. The casing is aluminum to reduce heat and they fit into the housing just fine. Most importantly, they are super freaking bright.

Honda Civic 10th gen TypeRLEDS Turn Signals Photo Apr 27, 7 55 15 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen TypeRLEDS Turn Signals Photo Apr 27, 7 55 02 PM

Both Nhan from TypeRLeds and Jeff from DIY CarModz have being greatly helpful and I highly recommend their products.

heybuddy1901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
do you have a link for the resistors?

did you try the bulbs without the resistors?

TypeRled's said there is conflicting reports on whether hyper flash occurs with front and rear installed.

OP
OP
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
do you have a link for the resistors?

did you try the bulbs without the resistors?

TypeRled's said there is conflicting reports on whether hyper flash occurs with front and rear installed.
You'll need to email Jeff as he doesn't have a website. His email is: [email protected]

I have tried the LEDs without resistors and they only hyper flash when you use your signals. As hazards, they work fine. TypeRLeds did say some people reported that they do work without hyper flashing when installing in the front/rear, but that wasn't the case for me.

Ayeeebroham

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey @horchatamaster, when you experience the hyper flashing with the front and rear LEDs installed, did you notice if it was consistent or not? I just installed all mine yesterday and noticed the hyper flash comes and goes, it's inconsistent.
Sponsored