TypeRLED's interior led lights

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So, I had the interior lights installed for about 3 months or so now. I just noticed that there is a dim glow to them when I was parked, and doors were locked and car was stilling running, have not noticed since I haven't drove at night much and since it was summer it hasnt gotten dark till later, but tonight I noticed them with a dim glow. I switch it to off the glow goes away and when I switch to on they are on like it should be, but when I switch to door with all the doors close I see this. I just hope it doesn't drain power when the car is off, though I did check that it does go off when I lock the car. Does anyone else have this issue?

Honda Civic 10th gen TypeRLED's interior led lights 20180912_200009
Sponsored

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
I put in a generic 168 LED bulb, does the same thing. They draw so little power i wouldn't worry about it at all. I'll go out after my car has been closed for hours and check anyway.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the same issue. Doesnt bother me.

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
checked mine after the car was off for a while and there is no light coming from the dome. You're fine.

MugenCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th Sedan
Country flag
It is because you used resistor control (voltage control type) LEDs,
the voltage control types are usually really cheap.

Another option is amp control ones,
if you use amp control ones, the brightness is same all the time.
I am using the amp control ones, custom cut design one, and having a same brightness all the time. adjustable brightness.

mnksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 RSX Type S
Country flag
Mine does the same thing. I reached out to them and they said it's like that and not unexpected.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
I’ve used several cheap ones including Yorkim from Amazon, these have been the whitest and brightest and don’t have the dim glow when off:
AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 6000K White Super Bright 168 2825 W5W T10 Wedge 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets LED Replacement Bulbs Error Free for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights (Pack of 10) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LHP5WP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BrB6BbM1F2JYG