NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been waiting for the Coupe blinking lights for months.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Not "legal" But I doubt police know these details. Mercedes had this system years ago but cannot do it in US due to stupid laws.

Honestly speaking I don't like the idea anyway. IMO

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
The RED LED light is "brighter "through a RED filer is not 100% Accurate.

The Red Filter still lets some other colors through,

100% RED is quite "bright"

But 100% RED + say 20% GREEN + 20% BLUE is even brighter.

SO, yes, a white LED may well LOOK "BRIGHTER" than a pure RED Led, because in that light from the WHITE Led, you are also seeing some additional GREEN & BLUE through the red filter.

There are some nice, bright WHITE LEDS, that will look nice and BRIGHT RED, but not many (if any) of the good Bright ones, have the Flash Logic in them.

Then, say in the case of the SI's Center Brake light, it is a HONDA Custom Light assembly, so no replacement flashing version ?

So rather than restrict yourself to available Flashing Led Bulbs, why not use wherever nice bright non flashing bulb you want, and just fit a FLASHER Unit on the leads of that Led,

Turns out a good bright non-flashing Led + simple Flasher unit, cost no more than a Flashing LED.

Also, if you want it, there are more complex Flasher units, that can be set to flash in many different ways, some with modes that vary the flashing according to how hard you brake (decelerate)

I fitted a simple flasher unit to the Center Brake light of our SI, keeping the original LED assembly. Total cost was less that $10, (+ $2 because i chose to fit it with 1/4" spade connectors, so it is easily replaced or removed)

I really like to be able to just gently tap on the brakes and have it go through its Strobe/Flash cycle when some idiot is up my rear bumper.. 99% of the time they back off !!

Attached video.. MP3 zipped file .. cannot figure out how to make it show as video in post without uploading it to something like Youtube !!!
If you want to see the video. click on attachment !! (safe, I assure you) )
You mind sharing a link to the module and connectors you ordered?

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are ours.

Made to spec and produced specifically.

These will be available for the coupe as well.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Short question - LONG answer .. but I hope my experience helps someone :)

Sure... it was off Ebay .. plenty of choices there...

The one I got was

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-third-Brake-light-Stop-Light-Pulsing-Strobe-Flashing-Module-Controller/332698333926?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
s-l1600.jpg

The unit is very small, and tucked away securely in the Center Brake Light area.

The only difficult part was the short wires. I cut the wires and crimped 1/2 spade terminals onto the wires,and onto the Flasher Units wires, so I could remove the flasher and re-connect the original wires,
If you want to do this, make sure you use the right sex connectors so you can reconnect the original wires, and cut the wires so you have enough length on the car harness side, to work on the wire ends !!

Tip Do original Cut Harness wire first so they can reconnect correctly, then do the wires on the Module so that it can be inserted in. That way you are sure to use the right Male.female connectors in the right place.

In an IDEAL WORLD, you would unplug the LED Module, and fit HONDA male & female connectors onto the Module, so there would be no need to cut the original Honda harness wires .. but GOOD LUCK in finding the correct male & female Honda Connectors !!! I tried on the Internet for over 2 hours -- no luck !!!

All these Honda Connects are DIFFERENT, and seem to be almost CUSTOM made for Honda.... In the past, I have managed to find some Honda Plug for a Honda Forklift, but that meant buying a Minimum of 100 Shells, and 5000 inserts !!!

For this, 1/4 spade connectors are ideal.. you will probably never have to mess with it again in the life of the car, and if you have any WARRANTY Harness concerns with your Dealer, you can easily unplug the unit and reconnect back up as Factory standard, and nobody will ever know, unless they actually open the Center Brake Light housing and look very carefully.

If the Dealer sees your Center Brake Light strobe, they might get "NOSEY" !!!

Then: IF you engine blows up, it wont be covered under warranty, because they will claim you modified the wiring harness that was part of the circuity to the engine control module , and that cause it to malfunction, and cause the engine to blow .
You probably are in Danger of voiding the warranty if you add anything to the car, like hanging FUZZY DICE !!! ANY EXCUSE !!!

The chances of dong this mod, and having all your lights on Dash all light up and have
the issues that other have had with electrical mods in virtually ZERO.

Also, provide the Ignition is not ON, you really do not need to disconnect the battery.. there will be NO POWER on the leads you are cutting... but that is a choice YOU will need to make yourself -- IF you are worried, pull the Brake relay fuse.. disconnecting the battery can cause all sort of re-initialization issues !!!

Note: This is a simple unit, with just ONE preset flash sequence.
There are more complex (expensive) units here you can select the flash sequence etc
Thanks for your input . You should post a different thread about these.

We created this thread specifically for our LEDs.

Thanks for respecting. :thumbsup:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thanks for your input . You should post a different thread about these.

We created this thread specifically for our LEDs.

Thanks for respecting. :thumbsup:
My apologies .. did not realize that.

I have just MOVED my post(s) to a new Topic, but I have already been quotes here so it might not make lot of difference.

How about I put my Post in a new Topic , and if you want to, you can request that the Forum Admin moves the quoted post to that new Topic

Last edited:

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello! Flashing Brake LEDs have been a great way to grab the attention of drivers behind you. Usually one would have to install a module and splice into wires to get this to work. With the limited space behind our tail lights its difficult to figure where to mount the module as well.

The benefits of upgrading your Brake LEDs with TypeRLEDs Flashing Brakes

• -6 Flashes in 1 second then goes to a solid red, Grabs the attention of the driver behind you! Safety!
  • -Brighter than OEM! The LEDs produce a 360 output which fills up the entire Taillight.
  • -Deeper RED color - Brake LEDs are RED, RED light shining through a RED housing = MORE RED.
  • -Direct Plug and Play. NO SPLICING NEEDED. NO MODULES to mess with.

Check out the product page Here. There is also a video included on the product page.

https://typerleds.com/10thgencivic/flashingbrake

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
Got my shipping notification this morning for the the flashing brake LED's I ordered yesterday morning, looking forward to seeing the huge improvement from stock!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I would far prefer to see a flashing Center Brake Light.

I also am wondering what the USA Legal situation is as far as flashing Brake lights.

I suspect they are either not legal, or its very marginal, and in any case, a good excuse for the Police to pull you over, and then see what else they can find.

Also, while I realize you are selling to "R" owners, the price of those flashing Led brake lights are ridiculously high -- but good for you if you can sell them at that price :thumbsup:

Like almost every other LED Brake light solution, they appear ti suffer from the same problem .. the difference in brightness between having the rear lights on, and the brake lights coming on is not that much ... the Initial Flashing does help, but once they are on, the difference between the actual BRAKE light part being on or off is not that obvious.

A Flashing CENTER light might therefore, be a far better solutions.

BTW:

California vehicle Code 25251.5.

(c) Any stoplamp or supplemental stoplamp required or permitted by
Section 24603 may be equipped so as to flash not more than four
times within the first four seconds after actuation by application of
the brakes.

Yours flash about 8 times ?

And no, I don't care .. does not affect me... but those buying your product should be made aware of this, so they can make an informed decision for themselves.

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look awesome. Im sure they are worth it, unfortunately, I can't afford them now. :(

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:cool:
I would far prefer to see a flashing Center Brake Light.

I also am wondering what the USA Legal situation is as far as flashing Brake lights.

I suspect they are either not legal, or its very marginal, and in any case, a good excuse for the Police to pull you over, and then see what else they can find.

Also, while I realize you are selling to "R" owners, the price of those flashing Led brake lights are ridiculously high -- but good for you if you can sell them at that price :thumbsup:

Like almost every other LED Brake light solution, they appear ti suffer from the same problem .. the difference in brightness between having the rear lights on, and the brake lights coming on is not that much ... the Initial Flashing does help, but once they are on, the difference between the actual BRAKE light part being on or off is not that obvious.

A Flashing CENTER light might therefore, be a far better solutions.

BTW:

California vehicle Code 25251.5.

(c) Any stoplamp or supplemental stoplamp required or permitted by
Section 24603 may be equipped so as to flash not more than four
times within the first four seconds after actuation by application of
the brakes.

Yours flash about 8 times ?

And no, I don't care .. does not affect me... but those buying your product should be made aware of this, so they can make an informed decision for themselves.
Every state has different laws so the consumer should always check with their state laws.

Also the LEDs do fill up and produced a very bright red light from the rear.

Check out the video. The Brake LEDs light up the floor and the rear much more then when they are off.

We love our new products and hearing amazing feedback from our customers who have gotten their hands on them already!

We welcome all 10th Gen Honda Civics and are happy to provide high quaility LEDs.:cool::cool:

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.