Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello! Thanks for stopping by.

There has been many requests for a flashing brake led supplied by us, TypeRLEDs.

These LEDs will fit all models
Type R, Sedan, Hatchback, Coupe

Pattern we had in mind would be

Flash 3 times rapidly and into a solid red.
This will happen Everytime you active the brakes

Please leave a comment below with your model if you are interested. This will help us prepare the amount we need.

Thanks again everyone. :)
Sponsored

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Please make it happen! Does it really work with every brake press? The scenario I'm thinking is when you're scooting along in inches during a traffic jam

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please make it happen! Does it really work with every brake press? The scenario I'm thinking is when you're scooting along in inches during a traffic jam
If you release the brake enough that the brake lights shut off, it will flash again when you active it.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
great idea! definitely interested. i have relays installed on my motorcycles and are lifesaving. the flash 3-5 times then go solid, alerting drivers behind.

yes, pattern should be flash 3-5 times with each brake tap/press then go solid if foot remains on brake. makes it simpler with just one tap/press. huge safety gains here especially with people texting and driving these days.

put me on the list!

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I had relays installed on my motorcycle as well, it was one of my first mods I did to that bike. I'm sure it has saved me many, many times. A simple plug-and-play bulb would be awesome.

DamonS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
*raises hand.

I've been looking at making my own little breadboard circuit to do the same, but an all in one light would be less troublesome.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been looking for these for a while now. I have them on my Integra and they have saved my ass from being rear-ended a couple times. The setup I use has 3 flashes and then go solid. I would 100% be up for purchasing these.

Model: 2018 Si Coupe.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

flat4spine

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR PMM
Country flag
http://www.kahtec.com/products.htm

I use the delay version for all my cars for the third brake light. It would be nice if the delay version can be implemented in your bulbs. Bulbs blinking all the time during stop and go traffic can be annoying to the eyes so a delay of 6-8 seconds before the cycle resets:

“Blinking Smart Stop Delay is the same as the standard unit but with a "Delay-Repeat" circuit built in, Delay version was specially designed for those drivers who might not want to continuously flash their third brake light, when caught in bumper to bumper traffic. Once you have applied your brakes for the first time causing your third brake light to flash and then turn solid, touching your brakes again within 8 seconds will cause your third brake light to turn on normally without flashing. In other words, you must have your foot off the brakes for more than 8 seconds before the Blinking Smart Stop will reset and cause your third brake light to flash again“
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.