Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Have a quick question... I’m sure this has been done but I’m not seeing it in the forum. Has anybody taken type r wheels and put them on a normal civic or a si? If you have I would really appreciate some photos of your ride! I can’t decide whether I want to go type r rims or option lab r716 formula bronze rims on my white civic. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny, I was just looking at this option yesterday. I searched around a bit, there are a good handful of people that did this with lug adapter/spacers. I'll see if I can find the threads I found

I'm leaning towards the r716s, myself. Bronze on my PMM hatch

edit: I apparently can't type on phone

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Funny, I was just looking at this option yesterday. I searched around a bit, there are a good handful of people that did this with lug adapter/spacers. I'll see if I can find the threads I found

I'm leaning towards the r716s, myself. Bronze on my PMM hatch

edit: I apparently can't type on phone
Sounds like it will be a pretty good looking car! post a thread somewhere when you get your wheels, I'd love to see them!

Thank you sir! I'll check it out!

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
That's actually the one thread I had in my mind reading OP's post
I checked ou the link! The car definitely looks good but the 20in rims aren't for me. Personally, the Type r rims look absolutely fantastic to me but I would have to buy replicas or something like that. Reason being is I need 18x9 rims with a 35mm offset or at least I believe that is the look i'm going for. Possibly 18x9.5 or 18x8.5. Not quite sure yet.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Can be done with hub adapters but those 20's have a tiny sidewall that is like driving on eggshells for most roads.

Replica wheels in an 18 or 19 inch size with a bit more sidewall would likely be a good compromise. But then most replica wheels are heavy. Back when I could justify spending on wheels I had bronze TE37. They were light and looked great on a black bugeye.

I like the way RPF1 looks in silver on the 10th gen civic. They are a hell of a value IMHO.

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Can be done with hub adapters but those 20's have a tiny sidewall that is like driving on eggshells for most roads.

Replica wheels in an 18 or 19 inch size with a bit more sidewall would likely be a good compromise. But then most replica wheels are heavy. Back when I could justify spending on wheels I had bronze TE37. They were light and looked great on a black bugeye.

I like the way RPF1 looks in silver on the 10th gen civic. They are a hell of a value IMHO.
I agree with you on the RPF1 in silver on the 10th gen. They look very good if sized correctly plus Enkei has a location near me too so that’s pretty cool! Yea, I’ve really been tinker with the idea of whether I want to get coil overs, wheels, tires, intake, tube, and exhaust or just buy something else with a manual transmission as I would love to drive a manual everyday instead of just on the weekends when I take the good old corvette out. It’s a very hard decision to make man.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I agree with you on the RPF1 in silver on the 10th gen. They look very good if sized correctly plus Enkei has a location near me too so that’s pretty cool! Yea, I’ve really been tinker with the idea of whether I want to get coil overs, wheels, tires, intake, tube, and exhaust or just buy something else with a manual transmission as I would love to drive a manual everyday instead of just on the weekends when I take the good old corvette out. It’s a very hard decision to make man.
I used to have a 2002 Z06 with IHE and tune. Man that thing was fun. I had that and a 2002 WRX FBO tuned to 300awhp. Some how I decided i wanted something newer and different and replaced both with a 2012 Mini Cooper S and a 2011 Mitsubishi EvoX GSR which I went FBO tuned to 450awhp. ....then life and love happenned..... And now I drive a Civic

OP
OP
Alj888

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
I used to have a 2002 Z06 with IHE and tune. Man that thing was fun. I had that and a 2002 WRX FBO tuned to 300awhp. Some how I decided i wanted something newer and different and replaced both with a 2012 Mini Cooper S and a 2011 Mitsubishi EvoX GSR which I went FBO tuned to 450awhp. ....then life and love happenned..... And now I drive a Civic
Hahaha, this make me laugh! Yeah, I made an impulse decision when I bought my civic and I do regret it. I'm a car guy, straight from the heart. Name a car and I can tell you the specs and for most how many smiles per mile it puts on your face. To be honest, the civic is great, it is nimble, fun (sorta), and a good little car. However, it isn't fast, quick, or sorta quick, Its slow and in my case is a CVT. Yeah, my heart stops every time I hear that abbreviation. I've been considering picking up a used Black or white, red interior, 6sp manual, BMW M235i. After driving one, this thing is a bat out of hell. It is light, nimble, quick on its feet, has a great engine sound, very refined for what it is, and looks great IMO. My only issue with it is 1, I would be losing my butt on the civic. Well, sorta, I'd be losing a couple thousand on the car, leaving me eating the rest of my loan. 2. The M235i has that fake speaker engine noise crapppppp but you can turn it off with a curtain module or something like that. Its tempting, but I've made it almost 80,000 miles with the civic and I can live through some more even though that hurts me so much to say. I finally realize what people mean when they say it's just an economy car. It has a 1.5t engine with around 170 hp, does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, gets great gas mileage, and is driven by everyone and their mother. What I'm trying to say is that unless your a honda fan boy, or love civics, at the end of the day there is nothing special about them unless were talking about the type r or maybe, just maybe the si. It's a great little car, but not the right car for me. Like for example, with the last daily driver I had, a 2016 nissan maxima sr, yes another cvt, however the car drove like a sports sedan in every category even around corners. It looked like it was straight out of the future and many many people mistake it for something much more expensive. When I first got the car, I was the first one to buy one within 250 miles. It was awesome, no one had one, and everyone thought I had something so special and I did too. The interior was on a whole different level, the engine sound was decent, and the car looked so so so killer. Every time I parked, I had to stop and look at it for a couple seconds. Every time I got in that car I was excited to drive it whether it was just cruising or trying to be the fastest person to work. HAHa, everyone likes cars for different reasons, but I really really want to get back in something that has me feeling that way again. Wow, I did not mean to write that much but here ya go man!
Sponsored