Type R vs CVT Civic Race

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To the beautiful black Type R that I raced today (In Mexico), I just wanted to give you props. I was the guy in the white Civic that stated I was driving an automatic CVT transmission. That was a very good race. If you see this, hit me up in PM when you 'will be going back to the track' again. ;) Much respect!

BTW: Cecil County Dragway opens up on Wednesday nights. I don't plan on going there tomorrow night as I have nothing to really test out at this time but if any Type R's wanted to race for poops and giggles, I'll come out if someone films it. It's all in good fun. :p I don't mind getting my butt handed to me. Damn....your R's look so nice.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Was it worth the 4,000+ mile round trip to Mexico for the thrill of street racing a Type R? That's like $400 in 93 octane gas. :cool: Seriously though, isn't this whole "in Mexico" thing played out?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was it worth the 4,000+ mile round trip to Mexico for the thrill of street racing a Type R? That's like $400 in 93 octane gas. :cool: Seriously though, isn't this whole "in Mexico" thing played out?
See you at the track Gtman. If you know anyone interested, I'd like a cool video of a race so we can post up, comment on effectiveness of mods, etc. I know they aren't straight line racers but mine isn't either.

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
hey Myx! you must live fairly close to me! I live around the FairHill area (Cecil County Dragway is about 25 mins from me)

Reactions: Myx

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
HA.
Is funny you find a channel that says that it was in MX but you recognize the roads located in Central Florida.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey Myx! you must live fairly close to me! I live around the FairHill area (Cecil County Dragway is about 25 mins from me)
Do you race out at Cecil?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So how'd the race go? Who won and was it close?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So how'd the race go? Who won and was it close?
Well, if he is on this forum, he can comment on that. I hate 'He-say/She-say' stuff. So I rather have a video of a race or races at any one of the local drag strips. It was very close though. There's noway I can topend a Type R. They are ridiculous! However during a 1/4 mile run can be very interesting when you see the differences on how the different drivetrains utilize power.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So the Type R barely won or lost lol...:hmm: Nice, you don't have to be so hush about it I am sure the Type R guys know there are some fast Si and lower trim cars out there. I find a lot of the Type R owners are keeping their cars stock anyways, but there are some out there sending it too :drive:

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
My guess is he won which is why the hush hush. If he lost, he'd likely have no problem saying that or the need to let the other driver tell the story. Sounds like it was close though either way though.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh...this isn't about who won or lost. I was just very interested in the different approaches to how each car utilizes the horsepower/torque it has. It was fascinating to witness and be a part of. That's all!

I sent @ebatr24 a PM with details.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, it was close though right? That's something because the r is quick for sure. Was the r was stock?
We didn't have a chance to talk about modifications so on that note I will say he was stock. It was very, VERY close though. I know there's noway I can take a Type R beyond the 1/4. The R's topend is too brutal, even while stock.
Sponsored

Last edited: