OP
saint365

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Do You know if it works with any remote start systems? I brought my car to a professional shop and they installed both a remote start/security system. When it was time to go pick up the car they weren't done yet. Everything was installed and back together but they couldn't get the car to start with the remote start function. They said you can go in the car and press the clutch and hit the remote start and it starts. But when they try to perform the reservation mode nothing happens. I had to leave the car in the shop on Saturday and pick it up Monday afternoon because the tech line for the brand closes early on Saturday and they were back in on Monday. So when I went to pick it up, they said they couldnt find the problem. They were saying that the immobilizer for the key wouldn't start because it didn't detect the key(something along those line). Even the tech support didn't know either. So they removed everything and didn't charge me for anything. The remote start/security brand is compustar.
Sorry about late reply.
It seems like you were going through what I experienced. When I took it to shop and was told that installation will be done within 3 hours but when I went to the shop to pick up the car, they just couldn't figure it out why it won't work. 1st issue was defective remote unit, 2nd is working fine but having problem with getting it to work. They just had units installed in my car and made an appointment for following week because it was thanksgiving. Meantime, shop reach out to their tech forum online and found out something but I 'm not sure what they did. Maybe your shop can contact where I got mine and ask them to see if they can help. Shop name was ABC Automotive and phone # 847-364-6700. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
saint365

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
How do they bypass the keyfob security check? Normally the keyfob has to be inside the car in order to be able to start the engine.
Nowadays, they just can program it where you don't need the keyfob.

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Issue with the Pro T11 is the immobilizer, needs updated firmware that is still in production. Hopefully it will be released sooooon.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just had the Pro T11 installed as well, they couldn't complete remote start. Firmware is not out yet for our cars and is being developed, Idatalink supplies the firmware for Compustar Pro T11. Should be available soon, then we just need to flash the brain and it should be good.
Any update on this? Did you get it installed or did you go with another brand of remote start/alarm?

4DaFanS

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 s2000 & 2018 Type R
Country flag
Does anyone here have the Pro T11 installed?

If yes, aside from auto start not working yet what do you think of alarm ?

Is it worth it?

Any feedback will be appreciated

I heard this alarm is better then Viper

I’m looking for an alarm paranoid about rims being stolen

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Yes, I have t11 and works great. Highly recommend, just waiting for remote start firmware!

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
So the remote start doesn't work if you want to use the T11? I want to install the Compustar alarm and remote start and was debating between using the T11 remote or the Drone Mobile app on my phone. Is the Drone Mobile compatible and able to remote start the push to start manual cars like the CTR?

Last edited:

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Update: I got my Compustar T11 with remote start and alarm installed last week. Aside from having to put into reservation mode and the engine turning off once you unlock (after the car is remote started), it works like a charm. Reservation mode is pretty straight forward with the T11. If I'm not mistaken, it seems that all cars with push to start and manual tranny has these quirks.

4DaFanS

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 s2000 & 2018 Type R
Country flag
Update: I got my Compustar T11 with remote start and alarm installed last week. Aside from having to put into reservation mode and the engine turning off once you unlock (after the car is remote started), it works like a charm. Reservation mode is pretty straight forward with the T11. If I'm not mistaken, it seems that all cars with push to start and manual tranny has these quirks.
So update for remote start is out?

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No idea, but my installer never mentioned anything about any updates.....

Noticed that you're local, I went to these guys, they did a great job:
https://unexpectedcreations.com/
I contacted an authorized compustar dealer that I went to, to try to install it the first time. They told me there hasn't been an update on the firmware yet so they couldn't install it. Anyone else has the same issue?

Thanks

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I contacted an authorized compustar dealer that I went to, to try to install it the first time. They told me there hasn't been an update on the firmware yet so they couldn't install it. Anyone else has the same issue?

Thanks
Find another installer, my installer did it and it works just fine. It was a pain in the ass to install due to the tight space but my guy got it done.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Find another installer, my installer did it and it works just fine. It was a pain in the ass to install due to the tight space but my guy got it done.
There's not much installer around me that's an authorized compustar dealer except for one other plus the price he quoted me was better than the other that quoted me.
Sponsored