Type R parts on an SI

kocon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone know if the Type R parts are going to be compatible with the Si's? Would be nice to have the front lip spoiler from the Type R
I was thinking about this too. I'm very new to modding cars, and I need my Si to stay under warranty because I rely on it as well as it being super fun to drive. I was thinking that if I used only OEM parts, and had them installed at a Honda certified dealership, then I would be able to improve the performance without risk of voiding the warranty. The natural go-to for such an endeavor for Si owners would be to use parts from the Type R...but I am not car savvy enough yet to be able to research compatibility between the two! Intake and exhaust would probably be the main areas of focus. Anyone know how doable this would be?
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I was thinking about this too. I'm very new to modding cars, and I need my Si to stay under warranty because I rely on it as well as it being super fun to drive. I was thinking that if I used only OEM parts, and had them installed at a Honda certified dealership, then I would be able to improve the performance without risk of voiding the warranty. The natural go-to for such an endeavor for Si owners would be to use parts from the Type R...but I am not car savvy enough yet to be able to research compatibility between the two! Intake and exhaust would probably be the main areas of focus. Anyone know how doable this would be?
No Honda dealer will install Type R parts on an Si even if they did fit. The powertrains in these vehicles are completely different and have virtually nothing in common. This is a pipe dream.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The red seat belts would be cool, no idea if that's possible though. I think I'm going to get the shift knob eventually.
my quick guess is that the coupe front belts and 4dr belts are incompatible unless they're mounted at the same angle.

Looking at the parts catalog, the 2dr, 4dr, and 5dr all have different seat belt part numbers

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im interested to see if the R red striped carbon fiber trim is able to fit on the SI, as well as the center armrest and the door panel trim.
I really wanted the typeR center armrest, looks like a great piece with the suede fabric and red stitching. I went to my local dealer to ask for the part prices, he said EACH side part is $175, that’s $350 for just the sides, I didn’t even ask how much the center piece is, probably another $200 at least. You could purchase it I believe, but it’s just outrageously priced, you’re looking at over $550+ for just the center armrest.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really wanted the typeR center armrest, looks like a great piece with the suede fabric and red stitching. I went to my local dealer to ask for the part prices, he said EACH side part is $175, that’s $350 for just the sides, I didn’t even ask how much the center piece is, probably another $200 at least. You could purchase it I believe, but it’s just outrageously priced, you’re looking at over $550+ for just the center armrest.

Check online at Majestic Honda, they are usually WAY cheaper than a local dealer.

drags427

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIvic SI, 2008 S2000
Country flag
This from Bernardi parts #20, #21 and #26
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R parts on an SI upload_2018-6-18_9-57-8

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R parts on an SI upload_2018-6-18_9-56-0

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...c-Wagon-Type-R-Touring-6-Speed-Manual-Console

Based on the diagram on this site, it looks like it would just be #20, #21, and #26. Looks to be about $300 total.

EDIT: Looks like the poster above beat me to it.

Last edited:

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...c-Wagon-Type-R-Touring-6-Speed-Manual-Console

Based on the diagram on this site, it looks like it would just be #20, #21, and #26. Looks to be about $300 total.

EDIT: Looks like the poster above beat me to it.
Ok, so the guy behind the counter at the dealer was wrong about the prices for the side parts? $84 is way better than $175. To be honest although $300 is a lot it might still be worth it if you’re crazy about the piece, the suede did look really nice and it’d be an OEM direct replacement, snap off snap on, no need to glue fabric down. Hmmmmmm!!!

Last edited:

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
Ok, so the guy behind the counter at the dealer was wrong about the prices for the side parts? $84 is way better than $175. To be honest although $300 is a lot it might still be worth it if you’re crazy about the piece, the suede did look really nice and it’d be an OEM direct replacement, snap off snap on, no need to glue fabric down. Hmmmmmm!!!
No, dealers sell with a significant markup. Some parts you can get much cheaper online.