Type R Owners: What's your annual income?

Annual income before taxes?

• $20K-$30K

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • $30K-$40K

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • $40K-$50K

Votes: 29 7.2%
  • $50K-$60K

Votes: 39 9.6%
  • $60K-$70K

Votes: 33 8.1%
  • $70K-$80K

Votes: 43 10.6%
  • $80K-$90K

Votes: 37 9.1%
  • $100K-$125K

Votes: 56 13.8%
  • $125K-$175K

Votes: 54 13.3%
  • $175K-$200K

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • $200K+

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • $90K-$100K

Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I don't own a type r, but I make just over $100k. Im a mechanic in northern california at a factory that makes cans for coke, pepsi and a shit ton of beer companies. I make $35/hr but i work 12hr days 4 on, 4 off. After 8hrs i get 1.5x pay and 2x pay when i get called in.

I bought a 2015 wrx for 34k with tax in 2014. With 10k down my payments were $450per month + $200 insurance (fucking California 0 tickets 0 accidents) and almost $200 for gas. That's almost 1 entire weeks check (single and 0, 15% to 401k). I still feel like i spent too much, and now thats its paid off, I'm not sure id ever spend that much again, without putting much more down. Im shocked at some people's income compared to what they spend for a car. But for some i guess it's just a really expensive hobby!

Last edited:

norcalgt3

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3, Type R, WRX STI
Country flag
200k+?! what in peso's?!

Congrats to those who made it.
Depends where you are too. I work at in Mountain View in California at google as a software dev where the median total income is north of $240k https://www.wired.com/story/what-tech-companies-pay-employees-2019/

California and the bay area is expensive however - $240k is not the same as say $240k in Florida when a 1 bedroom in SF costs about $3500 a month. Hence why all these bay area dealers charge over. I definitely haven't made it yet (aka can retire).

Would not be surprised if the $200k+ over crowd is largely tech people from Cali.

Even so, I didn't bother buying in-state - worked to get it MSRP from out of state.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I hear you completely. But some people are being honest.

IF I wanted I could have leased a Porsche, or a Maserati or something. Instead I bought a CTR.
That's nice. But at the end of the day no one here knows you, so as far as anyone is concerned, you're just making stuff up. We have no evidence to say otherwise.

Anyone who's been around forums for any extended length of time knows there's plenty of bullshitters all over every forum.

Don't get mad. It's the internet. It's where false information thrives and we have no way to verify anything besides trusting someone else's words- which is rarely a wise thing to do.

Ink.bottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
Could have gotten a LOT of different cars but chose the R and it's everything I wanted it to be.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's nice. But at the end of the day no one here knows you, so as far as anyone is concerned, you're just making stuff up. We have no evidence to say otherwise.

Anyone who's been around forums for any extended length of time knows there's plenty of bullshitters all over every forum.

Don't get mad. It's the internet. It's where false information thrives and we have no way to verify anything besides trusting someone else's words- which is rarely a wise thing to do.
By no means am I mad. You are also correct. You do not know me from Adam. I suppose even with it being the internet and knowing the vast number of people I know with Rs and rough areas they live here in Florida reduces my skepticism a little.

If that makes sense :)

Ink.bottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
By no means am I mad. You are also correct. You do not know me from Adam. I suppose even with it being the internet and knowing the vast number of people I know with Rs and rough areas they live here in Florida reduces my skepticism a little.

If that makes sense :)
I feel like if you're on a place where a relatively expensive car is the main focus, it seems fairly likely that people are going to be able to afford it.

You can't comfortably have this car unless you're doing pretty OK or live in a pretty solid situation where your bills aren't that bad. Right now I touch about 100k/year give or take a few dollars and could afford most cars on the market that aren't supercars but this car is something I really love.

I don't know why people would think that people who make a decent amount of money WOULDN'T be here.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like if you're on a place where a relatively expensive car is the main focus, it seems fairly likely that people are going to be able to afford it.

You can't comfortably have this car unless you're doing pretty OK or live in a pretty solid situation where your bills aren't that bad. Right now I touch about 100k/year give or take a few dollars and could afford most cars on the market that aren't supercars but this car is something I really love.

I don't know why people would think that people who make a decent amount of money WOULDN'T be here.

I agree with this 100%.... It's crazy to think that a 40k car is the tipping point.... but in reality... it kind of is... I remember when I bought my Jeep Cherokee and financed 35k.... I thought I was stupid to finance that.... but I could afford it, granted I HATED the car simply for the transmission. I am now happy with my CTR and I am contemplating buying a daily driver....

I realize what is possible because I play baseball.... I say this because near the field I play at in Pompano Beach has a Porsche Cayman. This house looks like its a SLUM... I cannot make this up and if I took a picture you'd agree..... I know the car is more important to this individual than where they live.... but to each their own.
Sponsored