Type-r front Subframe brace

503Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They charged my card as it showed online that was as in stock, it’s why I went with the vendor I went with, then 2 days later they contacted me and let me know it wasn’t in stock. Oh well not a huge improvement and won’t install till I do the upper toe bar at the same time and haven’t even chose which one I want yet so...
True, im not stressing over it too much lol. I went with tanabe, but i know many prefer ultra racing for most chassis bars. My tanabe bar made a big difference in steering feel. Good luck on your decision!
Sponsored

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Anyone recieved thiers yet, got an update that mine will be shipping soon as HPNFlordia received an estimated arrival date for a batch:)

503Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone recieved thiers yet, got an update that mine will be shipping soon as HPNFlordia received an estimated arrival date for a batch:)
Checked my local honda and they said they were expecting them to be ready on the 9th of this month. He said they were still on backorder and wasnt sure if they would be in stock soon. Collegs hills honda still says in process but previously told me they would be ready on the 6th of this month. Not sure who to believe at this point but your post makes me hopeful been almost a month now.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got an email around 430 PM EST!

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine (used). It really makes you wonder why they just didn't put one on for this price. Took like 5 minutes. Damn long bolts. I put on a progress rear sway bar too. But things seem a little tighter up front. Maybe a placebo though.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine arrived - got the hookup on something extra from HPN as well for the wait:)

Will throw in this weekend when I do the oil change as well!!!!!! Finally check my catch can as well:)

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed mine tidto, super easy. Also did he hasport rear mount.

Last edited:

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Can you guys feel a difference in cornering still haven't installed mine

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I had my hardrace rear motor mount, this brace, and lightweight wheels all installed near the same time so I can't verify any night & day differences. Once the wheels went on, the handling did improve. Once this went on, I *think* the car feels more solid around turns. The Tanabe strut tower brace arrives next week so that combined with the TypeR brace (and a stiffer rear sway bar) are the best we can do to the car IMO. Last item remaining is more negative camber up front.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tonight mine is going in - ended up working on wife's Wrangler this weekend, had to replace an oil pressure sensor which involved taking upper and lower intake manifolds off so did plugs, new gaskets up top, and put a cold air intake on for here as well as Dad duty for Halloween decorating. Will be doing oil change, tightening DP/FP as getting a vibration lately, adding this brace, and doing my rear camber arms tonight! I have a 120 mile round trip daily with the same set of curves so will be able to tell you by tomorrow evening what I think!

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed, no real noticeable difference, but didn't expect a huge one on daily driving. When I get the front upper it will really help it to shine, and then with rear swaybar upgrade this should make it very fun/balanced:)

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed, no real noticeable difference, but didn't expect a huge one on daily driving. When I get the front upper it will really help it to shine, and then with rear swaybar upgrade this should make it very fun/balanced:)
I think you can only feel the difference when you up-size the front sway bar. It's a day and night difference when I did the front sway bar and sub frame swap from ek9 to a regular 00 ek.

Do the front upper strut and rear sway bar one by one if you wanna know the difference.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Ordered it for my 2019 SI in hopes that it all remains the same. Will report back in a month or so!

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think the point of this part is to keep the sub frame from moving under extreme loads.

should be acting similar to rigid collars
Sponsored