STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You have to have take off the aero lip to install the Type R lip i thought?
Looking at pics of aero lip, I see it sticks out a little at the ends. If you look at the type r Spoiler installed, the gap people talk about looks like a notch cutout that is about the same size. Someone should try installing with the aero lip. It might just line up with no gap. Here are my pics of the gap.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2167.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2168.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2169.JPG

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at pics of aero lip, I see it sticks out a little at the ends. If you look at the type r Spoiler installed, the gap people talk about looks like a notch cutout that is about the same size. Someone should try installing with the aero lip. It might just line up with no gap. Here are my pics of the gap.

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG
That's not too bad! I could put up with that im just scared to do my own mod with the cutting and screwing

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honest
That's not too bad! I could put up with that im just scared to do my own mod with the cutting and screwing
Honestly all you need is a dremel tool. You can pick up a cheap one at harbor freight for like $30. It comes with the cutting wheels and sanding tools.

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
you hit it with 2 screws to secure it near wheels?

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
Looks much better than the other photo's. My hatch is black and this lip would look great if it wasn't too long...
Where in Socal are you ? maybe if i saw it in person it would sway my future decision.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looks much better than the other photo's. My hatch is black and this lip would look great if it wasn't too long...
Where in Socal are you ? maybe if i saw it in person it would sway my future decision.
I will take some pics of my car at lunch in about an hour. I'm in Whittier ca
Here are some pics of my car, another thing I did was I tried to line up the back of the wing with the wheel well, I noticed it followed the curve of the wheel well so I assumed that's how it needed to be mounted to sit as flush as possible.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2172.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2174.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2173.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip IMG_2175.JPG

Last edited:

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
Thanks for the pics. Doesn't look too bad but those gaps might be a little too much for me.
Definitely fits better on NON Sports models.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the pics. Doesn't look too bad but those gaps might be a little too much for me.
Definitely fits better on NON Sports models.
It's very hard to see the gaps in person from the front and sides it's hardly noticeable at all, and that's if you know it's there and are staring right at it. I took the pics from the angle you have to stand in to see the gap. From behind looking down. Or straight down standing over the bumper.

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
I've contacted Slick_carbon on IG and they said if i get the oem type r lip, they would custom fabricate the lip to make it fit.
Possible they could fill those gaps and do a better job mounting the lip at the wheel well making it look stock.
hmmmm decisions...

IDriveanSi

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I've contacted Slick_carbon on IG and they said if i get the oem type r lip, they would custom fabricate the lip to make it fit.
Possible they could fill those gaps and do a better job mounting the lip at the wheel well making it look stock.
hmmmm decisions...
So any follow up to this?? I wanna get the lip as well but anyshops around los angeles that can do this for me??

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
So any follow up to this?? I wanna get the lip as well but anyshops around los angeles that can do this for me??
My plans changed and never followed up. Hit them up on Instagram and see how much they'll charge you.

wilctr

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Type-R
Country flag
Hi, I have a friend like to make a type-r lip that will perfect fit on Hatch back and si front bumper. But need to borrow a car for 2-3 hours. If anything interested doing it pm me. Need to be in S. California close by la puente.

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
Hi, I have a friend like to make a type-r lip that will perfect fit on Hatch back and si front bumper. But need to borrow a car for 2-3 hours. If anything interested doing it pm me. Need to be in S. California close by la puente.
Is it thru Ikon?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This could be a big seller I bet.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm willing to let them fit my Si for the rear type r trim. I even have the oem type r rear lip in the package still, that they can make molds of.
Sponsored